217 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I haven't played any public non-dev games except for in tournaments, and I don't have any rankings.  Is this because tournaments don't affect rankings?  Shouldn't they?

2. #2 / 7
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Tournaments do not count towards your overall rankings, they count towards your tournament ranking.  Personally I don't think that they should count either.  I want the two to be seperate.  For example, if a player plays a map enough and wins enough to get 10 championship points on that map if they play more they can only lose those points but then that means they get limited chances to play that map that they probably like playing.  Tournaments gives them a way to play multiple games on it and maybe get a trophy.

Also, sometimes tournament play isn't about winning every game, sometimes it is about advancing and making sure a player in the game with a points advantage doesn't win.  Different strategy should have different rankings.

Where's Hugh?

3. #3 / 7
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I think they should be ranked the same, seeing as the game is the same, but more people agreed otherwise.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

4. #4 / 7
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

For example, if a player plays a map enough and wins enough to get 10 championship points on that map if they play more they can only lose those points but then that means they get limited chances to play that map that they probably like playing. 

This is exactly the mentality that I would love to see removed from this game altogether.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Some players play for Championship points and that's a good time for them.  I don't like doing it and I personally don't like having several games on the same map going at the same time so I will never be a ranker.  I play to play and while I like winning if I lose I just start another game.  I think the ranking system is important but I do think people having a way to play a map without losing ground is also important (especially since rankers like my gimmick maps because they can feast on n00bs)

Where's Hugh?

6. #6 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ok - thanks for the explanation.  I found my tournament stats under my profile.

7. #7 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

so I will never be a ranker.

Definitely not if you don't know that CPs go to 20 Smile, welcome to WarGear!

Tournament Rankings Help page describes this too: http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Tournament%20Rankings

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)