Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'm trying to finalize orders in this game:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/37763

and I keep getting this error:

"Unit count exceeds individual maximum territory units of 15 for tid 12"

I'm pretty sure I didn't exceed any limits, and I really don't know what tid 12 is.  If I have commited an error somewhere it probably should have some sort of error verbage that would better help me correct the problem.

Edit: Okay I got tid 12 taken care of, but now I have a problem with tid 19.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.
    Edited Wed 24th Nov 21:00 [history]

2. #2 / 3
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

My initial confusion has now gone and I've more or less figured out what went wrong, but I still see problems:

1. That warning would be much more helpful if instead of say "tid _" (territory ID?) it gave the actual name of the territory.
    2. If you select troops to reinforce in the reinforce phase (Simulgear) and you hit the "All" button, it does not factor in territory max unit limits.

While you're messing with these checks and troop limits, can you devise a way to have the engine check limits based on the number of troops that will be there instead of the current ones?  This was one of my major annoyances with Blind-at-once; that you could only select to move up to the territory max as the territory currently stood.  In case that didn't make sense, I will attempt an example:

There are three territories A, B, and C.  Each territory has a max limit of 10 troops and currently has 8 units occupying them each.

Order #1: 2 units reinforce from B to C (maxing out C)

Order #2: 4 units reinforce from A to B (maxing out B)

On ToS, you would not have been able to order 4 units to B because the engine wasn't smart enough to know that 2 guys already headed out and left their bunk-space for others to use.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

3. #3 / 3
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Understood thanks Toaster, I'll update the code.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)