219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

On ToS with BAO there was a rarely used setting for "Least Territories Goes First" and there is that setting here also.  Now I tried using it on ToS with poor results.  I found that the games tended more towards stalemates because the leader couldn't dominate because smart players would whittle their stacks down before attacking.  I'm curious how people believe it would work with the SimulGear system.

I have a map, Marvel's Manhattan, that is a linear map and so far it has turned out that the player that gets either the northern most or southern most regions of the map ends up winning and the middle people are just caught in the crossfire.  I am wondering if this setting would make it more fun or would just lend itself towards an annoying stalemate.

I want some input before I try it because the next steps are either to add a subway system to the map or scrap it and I'd rather not do either of them.

Where's Hugh?

2. #2 / 4
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i always wondered why "least amount goes first" wasn't default. it always seemed to me at first glance that 'most goes first' was kinda unfair. but then again, i never gave it much more thought than that.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Going first was traditionally a disadvantage (with a defensive advantage, you want to do your larger attacks as late in the round as possible). I assume this is why the "most goes first" is common. With the attack % decay settings, this is not necessarilly the case anymore.

Edited Fri 12th Nov 15:54 [history]

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Actually I found that going first was an advantage because it made it easier to know when your turn would come in the stack and better let you make the little pointless moves to your advantage more. I liked doing that.
    Now that I look on it I have a lot of questions about the settings. I think Random shouldn't even exist and I don't like turn order at all. I think it should always be set to some sort of gamebased rationale.

Where's Hugh?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)