219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I am having issues with text appearing at some times but not others.. if I scroll down the window it will appear, and then disapear.  My posts have this issue, as well as certain other posts, but not all of them.  Also, the editer controls do not seem to work, if I want to change aspects of my post I have to edit the html.

2. #2 / 6
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It's not that your text isn't appearing. It's that you've chosen a very dark color, black or brownish, that doesn't show up very well against the site background. If you highlight your post, you can read it against the contrast of the selected text bubble.

My guess is that your posts appear white when you quick reply and dark when you full reply (or the other way around).

...danger zone...!

3. #3 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote:

I am having issues with text appearing at some times but not others.. if I scroll down the window it will appear, and then disapear.  My posts have this issue, as well as certain other posts, but not all of them.  Also, the editer controls do not seem to work, if I want to change aspects of my post I have to edit the html.

Which browser / operating system are you running?

4. #4 / 6
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It's not that your text isn't appearing. It's that you've chosen a very dark color, black or brownish, that doesn't show up very well against the site background. If you highlight your post, you can read it against the contrast of the selected text bubble.

No, this is not the case.  Even when my text is white, it does not render consistently.

Which browser / operating system are you running?

XP and IE6. 

5. #5 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

IE6 isn't fully supported by the site - there's quite a few pieces of functionality that won't work correctly. Given the huge amount of work that's needed to keep the site compatible with IE6 and the very small number of users I'm afraid it's just not worthwhile doing. Sorry, perhaps time to upgrade (if you can!).

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Its definetely a browser issue, and I'm with you on not supporting IE6.  Lots of free good alternatives : )

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)