229 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

This may be a little bit out there, but would open up a lot of cool mechanics for designers.

If autocapture factories had a player target, you could give a territory to an ally or opponent by capturing a continent.

There are a lot of things I could make if I had an option to gift a territory to a teammate, and some really funky ones if I could gift a territory to an enemy.

Thanks!

2. #2 / 3
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Just thinking xml-wise about how that would be implemented. Would player numbers be assigned? When would it execute? on your next turn or the target player's turn? The latter makes more sense, but sounds trickier to code.

I'd much rather have https://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=designer_workshop:proposed:real_time_factories" target="_blank">Real Time Factories. There are a lot of existing boards out there that could benefit from that feature set. In fact, a number of my boards (and at least a few of yours I bet) have awkward wait times for scoring, game ending mechanisms, etc.

3. #3 / 3
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

The way I had envisioned it was you'd assign a seat number, and it would execute on your turn with your regular factories, since it's already built to execute my continents on my turn.

I'd also much rather have real-time factories, it just seems like a much larger undertaking. If autocapture factories already change ownership of a territory, it doesn't seem like it would be a significant overhaul to replace the player who gains ownership of that territory from "the player whose turn it is" to "Seat X"

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)