228 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Ok, I'll start by stating that it's my bad.

I ignored the "this board is in play and only the discription is editable" warning during my test game for bear river and to see what happens uploaded image updates etc. and it worked.

then  it reverted after approval. Ugh. So now my un fixed board is out there and I have to do another version and test game in order to get it right.

Maybe, (and i know i'm the dummy here) when the board is locked it should actually not take the changes rather than taking them and reverting after the test game.

2. #2 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

wait maybe it didn't revert. Maybe i just screwed up the last image update. ugh.

3. #3 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Where'd your board go?

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

4. #4 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

i took it down because the image is wrong. It says +3 for territories that are +4 i'll submit it for review again tonight.

a photoshop oops.

Edited Mon 8th Feb 11:18 [history]

5. #5 / 13
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

For problems like this just contact myself or Yertle and we can update the Live board directly - you shouldn't need to go through the review process for boards that have already passed. In fact you should just be able to create a new version of the board and promote directly to Live.

6. #6 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

ok cool, Sorry for the trouble.

I made version 2.1 but the "promote" button isn't there. should i have revised the other version?  I'm confused.

Edited Mon 8th Feb 22:59 [history]

7. #7 / 13
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ah, I think it's because you retired the old board first.

If you click on 'restore' to put the old board back to Live, you should then be able to promote the Dev board to Live (in place of the existin Live board).

Sorry guess it's not that intuitive!

8. #8 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

it's up again. thanks.

in the future,
    It is ok to edit a board during the test game? It seems to have worked.
    I guess i'll use the beta system on my next release so maybe it won't be necessary.

9. #9 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

blackJack wrote:
    It is ok to edit a board during the test game? It seems to have worked.

From what I've seen the answer is Yes it's ok to edit a board during the test (even up to Review) game without any problems.  I think you do receive the message when it's in Review that you can't update it but I believe even if you update it should reflect the changes (although tom should probably confirm and/or possibly reword that message). 

Changes to where you delete/add territories will break all test/review games until a Restart of the game takes place is also my understanding.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

10. #10 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

i think added borders successfully. I also changed the continent rewards, and maybe even renamed territories. I guess, I should just respect the warnings and assume that Toms intention is to block all of these changes in the future.

I'm unclear on the "beta" system. Is there a page on it somewhere?

11. #11 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

blackJack wrote:

This is the thread that started the Open Beta system: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/402/Open_Beta

On your Board Designer page, for a game in Dev there is a Public Beta column with a Bug in it. Clicking that Bug for the map will alert you if you want to set your map to Open Beta and give you a link that you then bring to the forums to let people know your map is in Open Beta (ie like this http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/523/Public_Beta_-_Gauntlet ).  You should then be able to view the Games List and watch/make comments/restart any Beta games that are taking place on your map.

What's Your Passion?

12. #12 / 13
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

blackJack wrote: i think added borders successfully. I also changed the continent rewards, and maybe even renamed territories. I guess, I should just respect the warnings and assume that Toms intention is to block all of these changes in the future.

Essentially the idea is that you can change anything at all while the board is in Dev state. As Yertle says it is possible to break games but only if you add or remove territories. The idea is it gives maximum flexibility to designers to change stuff on the fly without having to restart / reinvite players to games.

Beta is just another attribute which means that you are making the Dev version of the board publicly playable - i.e. anyone not just you can start a game on it.

13. #13 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

oic thanks.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)