1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It's just a thought-experiment at this point, but I was thinking it might be fun to have a AI WarGear tournament.

The basic idea is that players would submit an algorithm that dictates how their WarBot plays. To make things fair, players wouldn't play their own scripts ..and of course games would have to be private. Scripts could get way too complicated really quickly, so there would have to be restrictions and rules regarding how complex the script can be, so some pretty strict guidelines would probably need to be developed and agreed upon at first.

2. #2 / 4
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Why would you not play with your own script? That makes no sense.

Anyway, there is a whole bunch of literature on this that can be relevant for anyone interested.

Someone even has open source code that could presumably be modified for your purpose.

https://github.com/ToWelie89/TotalRisk (Details here: https://martinsonesson.wordpress.com/2018/01/07/creating-an-ai-for-risk-board-game/ )

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:

Why would you not play with your own script? That makes no sense.

When I mentioned scripts, what I was thinking of is not computer driven.  For one, I don't know how to code, so I was thinking of something much more cumbersome. Rules on paper so to speak, perhaps using the kind of random list/number generator you can find at random.org.

So while playing one's own script would probably be preferable, I was thinking that it might be necessary for someone else to 'interpret' the script more impartially.

That said, it would likely be better to do it using a program, following instructions and playing it on a WarGear map, in which case playing your own script would be fine.  I just suspect that a good number of us don't know how to program. I wish I could, but that's one more time-suck I don't need in my life.

Edited Thu 21st Mar 09:28 [history]

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

FWIW, I would be happy to participate in an AI game if someone could set me up with a program/app that tells me what to do.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)