1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member The Real Yin
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hello,

I've paid the $30 for the 1 year membership in September, but my account shows that it expired on December 29th.

"Membership Type

You are a Standard member. Your premium membership expired on Friday 29th December 2017."

What's the deal?

Here is my info as shown on my account:

"Payment History

Payment DateAmountCredited toStatus
    11 Sep 17 12:47 $30 The Real Yin Completed
    14 Aug 16 11:04 $30 The Real Yin Completed

"

Thanks,

The Real Yin

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm also having trouble purchasing a premium membership. Never had any issues before and I'm using the same method. I get a message to the effect of 'please return to the source location and try another payment method'.

3. #3 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The Real Yin wrote:

Hello,

I've paid the $30 for the 1 year membership in September, but my account shows that it expired on December 29th.

"Membership Type

You are a Standard member. Your premium membership expired on Friday 29th December 2017."

What's the deal?

Here is my info as shown on my account:

"Payment History

Payment DateAmountCredited toStatus
    11 Sep 17 12:47 $30 The Real Yin Completed
    14 Aug 16 11:04 $30 The Real Yin Completed

"

Thanks,

The Real Yin

That's odd, your Premium Membership was showing as Active and expiring in April 2018 when I checked. I've adjusted this to October 2018 to account for a full year's membership.

4. #4 / 8
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

I'm also having trouble purchasing a premium membership. Never had any issues before and I'm using the same method. I get a message to the effect of 'please return to the source location and try another payment method'.

I just ran through the payment workflow and it worked OK for me. Could you possible give it another try?

Sorry about this!

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

For what it's worth, I frequent another site that has been having problems with the paypal widget as well.

UPDATE: There still seems to be a problem with our Paypal widget/account that makes donating -both for our fund for homless and refugees in Greece, and for the Automatic Earth itself- hard for some people. What happens is that for some a message pops up that says “This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD”. This is nonsense, we do. We notified Paypal weeks ago.

We have no idea how many people have simply given up on donating, but we can suggest a workaround (works like a charm):

Through Paypal.com, you can simply donate to an email address. In our case that is recedinghorizons *at* gmail *com*. Use that, and your donations will arrive where they belong. Sorry for the inconvenience.

https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2018/01/debt-rattle-january-6-2018/

The problem might be on paypal's end, or maybe a browser has changed something that breaks the widget. I'd try to do the payment on the browser you're using and if it fails again, try on a different browser right after, Thingol. This way you can be sure the browser is the problem.

Edited Sat 6th Jan 23:38 [history]

6. #6 / 8
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks Redshift - actually that could work fine, just send funds to [email protected] and I can credit your account manually.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I got it to work, but had to switch to another form (card) of payment. Originally, I had it going directly to my acct, which works for everything else. Weird...

8. #8 / 8
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ok thanks for letting me know. Sounds like Paypal acting up for some reason.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)