202 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Does anyone knows what happens if I surrender a tourney which will otherwise end in a tie between me and one other player? (http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/2181)

The only reason I'm considering surrendering is so I can join another tourney before that one fills up, as I'm currently at my max of 10 active tourneys

2. #2 / 9
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

If you surrender your status will be Surrendered and sirdakka's will be Winner and get the trophy. If you don't, no one gets the trophy as both your status will be Tied.

Since this tournament is not part of the Championship it makes no difference for you, else you would lose the winner's bonus.

My educated guess, algorithm might not be ready for no H2H information and assign the winner randomly, so better wait for an answer from Tom since you're the one on the top of the leaderboard.

3. #3 / 9
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

My guess would be same as redshift. You surrendering would mean sirdakka would win.

Similarly you surrendering here: http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/2288 mean the tie between P-Time and me would be broken by h2h, and P-Time would win. But this tournament should be over in 2 days, which would be much faster than the earlier one.

Edited Thu 7th Sep 11:22 [history]

4. #4 / 9
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Great, thanks for answers! I'll hold off, as I was able to join the tourney I wanted to join anyway

5. #5 / 9
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Another solution:   As a regular player and great community member on this site, you should be ignoring the question of surrendering and just buy a premium membership.  It gets rid of those pesky game limits, and, more importantly, supports the site.   Just sayin'.

6. #6 / 9
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It's a very valid point, Boris. If I wasn't so addicted to this site, I would do that in a heartbeat. The two times I've benefitted from premium membership (trial period, and 3 month gift from a friend), I started spending way too much time on this site, and it began to interfere with other aspects of my life. In RL, I'm working on healing from my propensity to become addicted to stuff, but until that happens, I depend on the site-imposed limits of 10 games and 10 tourneys to help me contain my time on this site.

7. #7 / 9
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Well, I'm a premium member for now, and I'm not spending way too much time on the site, so I guess things have already change for me 

8. #8 / 9
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Good to hear Chele and hope you can keep a good balance.

I had the same problem with wargear interfering with real life and thought about dropping my premium. Ended up working my game count down and joining bigger games (and now only 3 day timers) so my turns were fewer and more spread out.

Board Rating Party - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4289/Board_Rating_Party

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

9. #9 / 9
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Johasi Vidad wrote:

Good to hear Chele and hope you can keep a good balance.

I had the same problem with wargear interfering with real life and thought about dropping my premium. Ended up working my game count down and joining bigger games (and now only 3 day timers) so my turns were fewer and more spread out.

Same here -

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)