209 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 1
    Standard Member Davidny212
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

First, let me say, this is a very nice and cool looking map.  Really like the map and the icons.

Now just my personal opinion...I don't think though a 1 on 1 map works.  I assume that the designer has compensated for one side going first, but I just don't think 1 on 1 maps are much fun.  Luck also plays a big factor in a 1 on 1 game.

I would recommend adding a French army and/or a Hessian army.

With regrads to cannons...I am designing/play testing a map that uses cannons too.  Its a cool idea, but the game does become all about the cannons.  IE, you have all this neat terrian but the cannon rules all. 

Thats not a bad thing per se, it means he who uses his cannons the best will do better, but it does make control and use of the cannons paramount.  This also means if I go first I get to shoot my cannons first which means I can kill many of your guys before they have a chance to do anything...with some good rolls I can do a lot of damage.

One idea to limit the cannon is to have the cannons only target forts...the theory being the cannons would be sighted on strategic targets, not on normal terrian.

Great map though!!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)