173 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member A-TEAM
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I have played a few games but i am new to the site. how is it possible for there to be a glitch with the number of armies left on a country as well a glitch with the number of cards?

specifically. i had five men on a country and attacked the adjacent country after winning it left 0 armies in the country a attacked from. it remained 0 until i was attacked there later.

2nd issue. this was a 1 on 1  two player game. my opponent earned five cards and was forced to trade. they traded and when their turn ended they now had 6 cards. that continued and they earned more cards after each turn even after trading. I took screen shots and reviewed it in play back during the game. However when the game was over you could no longer see the error?????

Oh and finally while i was reviewing the playback even before my clock ran out somehow i was booted from the game??  I had not missed a turn previously and I wanted to continue playing.

I was already suspicious of this player because of other circumstances, now i am screaming fraud.

Is there any explanation? and what should i do?

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

post a link to the game (copy it from the address bar)

it'll help Tom find it.  :)

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

> i had five men on a country and attacked the adjacent country after winning it left 0 armies in the country a attacked from. it remained 0 until i was attacked there later.

Some boards have 'abandon' as an option. It depends on the board, and allows you to leave zero behind. Is that what you saw?

2nd Issue - I dunno.  Sounds like a bug... But!  The history player is sometimes buggy, so sometimes you will see things that didn't happen.  IMO that is more likely than that there was an actual bug in the game.

> Oh and finally while i was reviewing the playback even before my clock ran out somehow i was booted from the game??  I had not missed a turn previously and I wanted to continue playing.

You can get booted/skipped in the middle of a turn if your timer runs out. I don't think you can get booted in a public game  unless you had been previously skipped (It is an option for private games)

Agree with ratsy - post links to the games.

4. #4 / 6
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Looks like he would be talking about this game here:http://www.wargear.net/games/player/447187?player=flash

And using the flash player and history, i do see an issue in the playback at turn 237 and again at turn 313.
    It does not appear to me that either of them had  an actual effect on the game or its outcome.  I'm also not sure that it is not just a playback glitch.

To A-TEAM: According to the history player, you actually were skipped in the turn prior to your being booted.  I know, you did take that turn.  But you did not actually end your turn.  Which means that you received your card as the time limit  was reached and it automatically  moved to your opponent's turn.  So, even though you took your turn, you also skipped your turn.  Same turn.

5. #5 / 6
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In that game chat... You quarreled with killers saying you didn't want your enemies to join, and specified that you called your games such, but are you aware that there is no way to see who another player's enemies are and therefore he had no idea if he was your enemy or not. The only way someone would know is if a premium member has labeled a standard player as enemy, in which event, they'd not be allowed to join the game by that fact.

The rest of your accusations are just replay glitches and don't effect game play.

6. #6 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I am looking into these items you raised and will get back to you.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)