0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 28
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

Working in the Flash?! Tom, can I go back and change card images? I hadn't been doing any fun animations, since no one would see it...

In the Ant game I'm in (started a while ago), the Ant cards aren't moving in the Flash, only moving in the Board tab>>Rules page.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

2. #22 / 28
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

No it's just on the new board info cards tab - I've found some code which I can use to animate the cards in the Player so it will work eventually.

3. #23 / 28
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Jigen wrote: btw if you're looking for awesome cards you need to simply look at a EN map.

Huh?  Most of his cards are just google images aren't they?

Are you proposing that you create all of the images you use? Yes, they usually are Google images, but they apply to the game. For example, the coexist for Temple. He seems to actually take time to plan his cards. Better than Tanks, Plans, Troops don't you think?

Risky is not a big deal.

4. #24 / 28
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Those that I use are Google images too.  I just thought you meant his were above other Map Designers in some way or form or had something special in them.  For example Red Baron uses animated cards (very cool) and Cram uses very integrated cards (very nice and appears that he does spend some time on his cards), I would say moreso than EN and most other Map Designers.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

5. #25 / 28
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks, Yertle. I do, in fact, spend quite a bit of time on the cards. They're one of my favorite parts of mapmaking. I'm quite excited to be able to animate them.

Like your grandpa, but angrier.

(If you need help with map design, look me up via AIM @ cramchakle)
    Edited Thu 7th Jan 22:21 [history]

6. #26 / 28
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Cramchakle wrote:
    Tom, can I go back and change card images? I hadn't been doing any fun animations, since no one would see it...

I see no reason to lock down the card images when a game goes live.  They don't affect gameplay in any way.  Why not let game designers continue to improve them after a game is released?  The card sets could just continue to get cooler and cooler that way.

7. #27 / 28
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I know Risky had some issues at one point with Cards and/or Card names, so would just be making sure it doesn't break something. But I think I agree with Cram and Red.

What's Your Passion?

8. #28 / 28
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Red Baron wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote:
    Tom, can I go back and change card images? I hadn't been doing any fun animations, since no one would see it...

I see no reason to lock down the card images when a game goes live.  They don't affect gameplay in any way.  Why not let game designers continue to improve them after a game is released?  The card sets could just continue to get cooler and cooler that way.

Yep I agree - you should be able to do this now.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)