223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 31
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

6) People's whose posts and game play seem mentally unstable. 

WHAT!! UNSTABLE?!?! Who are you talking about!?! Am I your enemy??!!??  

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

2. #22 / 31
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BTdubs wrote:

On that note - I'm curious, for those of you who have marked enemies (I haven't), what was the cause? 

A bad ally?  Offensive chatter?  Somebody who always suicides against you regardless of the game?  Simply a strong player you don't want to face again?

I've set 10.

Really, really poor plus non-communicative players. 

Partners that drop out of team games with no explanation, but haven't quit the site.

Extremely slow, to the point of skipping, then coming back, skipping again, etc.

[edit: all but two have quit the site, apparently. So you see the impact ...]

Edited Mon 27th Jan 18:20 [history]

3. #23 / 31
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

+1 to SG's post.

Wow smoke, you are just thrashing the site. Please don't set 10 more enemies. ;)

4. #24 / 31
    Premium Member Big Skin
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Sorry guys - I get it now.  I'm a little slow! 

I didn't realize there were 4 levels to the enemy badge - I thought there was only one.  I think it is great to keep the 4 badges signifying different levels - and that way you can tell if the player is really evil! {#emotions_dlg.devil}.    When I thought there was only one badge, I couldn't understand how anyone could tell a truly evil player vs someone angelic or saintly like me who just makes an occasional enemy by chance .

5. #25 / 31
    Premium Member IRsmart
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I just wonder how many people see it as an achievement to get 10+ etc enemies ;)

On the other hand, it could be an interesting challenge to see if you can actually piss of that many peops. But I'll let someone else try.

6. #26 / 31
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Oh defeat them so thoroughly they want to avoid you?

7. #27 / 31
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

Lol. Nah, you're on the other list.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

8. #28 / 31
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:
    ratsy wrote:

That's exactly what you'd say if you thought he was crazy!

9. #29 / 31
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

btilly wrote:
    itsnotatumor wrote:
    ratsy wrote:

That's exactly what you'd say if you thought he was crazy!

Haha, I'm more likely to back away silently.  I leaned long ago not to mess with the crazies if I can help it.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

10. #30 / 31
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

"Crazy? I was crazy once. Then they put me in a rubber room. Then I died. Then they buried me. Then the bugs ate me. Bugs? Bugs drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once. They they put me in a rubber room. Then I died. Then they buried me. Then the bugs ate me. Bugs? Bugs drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once..... "

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

11. #31 / 31
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:
    tom wrote:
    BorisTheFrugal wrote:

Obviously, showing a list of people who think you are an enemy is perhaps overstepping a boundary, since enemy has an actual purpose in the WG world (keeps specific opponents out of others' games).  But since being marked as a friend doesn't play any real role, other than to help make it easier for me to play with the people who I enjoy playing against, there shouldn't be any problem with showing that list, yes?

Or, to say it a different way, I'm curious who has me listed as a friend, because maybe I've just never marked them the same way, and I should, so when I invite people to games, their name shows up more often.  It's breeding positive communication, if you will.

Seems reasonable to me - display Friend lists but not Enemies. Anyone disagree?

I think neither should be displayed.  Displaying a friends list also displays a 'not friend' list.  This may create uncomfortable pressure to reciprocate someone who friends you even that you may not care too.  "I friended you, why didn't you friend me" type of thing.  This may be a bit too 'politically correct' type of thinking, and I would not be too upset either way, but just putting it out there for an alternate opinion.

+1

I side with SG, don't see that the upside out weighs the down in either list being displayed.  We may as well start forming clans.  Please don't take me wrong, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Card Carrying member of the "Majority Order of the Bell Curve".

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)