2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Has anyone been able to find a free on-line color blindness simulator?  The ones that I've found (Daltonizing) don't seem to work.

I had a (non-colorblind) Dev tester suggest that the shields on my War Of The Roses board..

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/5101

..might be confusing to color-blind players.  I realize there are many types of color blindness, but I'd be willing to switch some shields out if there are any egregious offenders.  I suspect a few, but best would be if someone with "first-hand" knowledge could contact me.

I've been reading up on this and thinking that more likely, the problem isn't in the board, but rather in the player colors..

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey M, I am color-blind, but not to an extreme...and as you mention there are many different types of color-blindness.  My type confuses dark colors like dark green, dark brown, and dark blue.

The shields look fine to me, especially since they all have different patterns.  There do not seem to be any shields that have the same pattern but different colors which would be problematic.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

@SG,

As I was doing the research and thinking about this, it occurred to me that the problem is rarely with the map; it's much more likely to be the player colors, duh.. right?

4. #4 / 5
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

M - Check out these:

Photoshop CS5 has the ability to (View/Proof Setup) simulate color blindness, but I'm pretty sure you said you've gone to the dark side (Mac) so you might not be using Photoshop??

michelf.ca/projects/sim-daltonism/ - Daltonism simulator for Mac, which I'm assuming you were referencing above

Colororacle.org - They have a free app you can download to that allows you to see what things would look like to someone who is colorblind.

www.etre.com/tools/colorblindsimulator - Upload your board image, and choose your colorblindness type to see a modified version.

Colorfilter.wickline.org  - Very slow to use, but you enter a webpage and it returns the same page with a color blindness filter.

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

M - Check out these:

Photoshop CS5 has the ability to (View/Proof Setup) simulate color blindness, but I'm pretty sure you said you've gone to the dark side (Mac) so you might not be using Photoshop??

michelf.ca/projects/sim-daltonism/ - Daltonism simulator for Mac, which I'm assuming you were referencing above

Colororacle.org - They have a free app you can download to that allows you to see what things would look like to someone who is colorblind.

www.etre.com/tools/colorblindsimulator - Upload your board image, and choose your colorblindness type to see a modified version.

Colorfilter.wickline.org  - Very slow to use, but you enter a webpage and it returns the same page with a color blindness filter.

Wow, Great Resourses.  Thanks, BTF!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)