1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 23
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

btilly wrote:
    Step 2: If there are ties, weight each vote according to how many championship points that person has and recount.  (Because the opinions of top players about game play are more likely to be informative.)

Step 3: In the unlikely case that there are still ties, take the opinion of the highest ranked player who voted.  Define that ranking by championship points, breaking ties with global ranking, breaking ties with H-rating, breaking ties with how long you've been on the site.

Not sure I like this idea.  

Some of the great players will definatly weigh in more heavily, but I think the opinion of a great board designer would be more important to me.  Guys like Nygma (although I haven't seen him around much) or Cramchackle - probably my favorite board maker here - wouldn't get the weight I would like to see. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

2. #22 / 23
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:
    btilly wrote:
    Step 2: If there are ties, weight each vote according to how many championship points that person has and recount.  (Because the opinions of top players about game play are more likely to be informative.)

Step 3: In the unlikely case that there are still ties, take the opinion of the highest ranked player who voted.  Define that ranking by championship points, breaking ties with global ranking, breaking ties with H-rating, breaking ties with how long you've been on the site.

Not sure I like this idea.  

Some of the great players will definatly weigh in more heavily, but I think the opinion of a great board designer would be more important to me.  Guys like Nygma (although I haven't seen him around much) or Cramchackle - probably my favorite board maker here - wouldn't get the weight I would like to see. 

Well then, choose a weighting that takes number and/or popularity of boards into account.  For instance instead of championship points, the sum of championship points and the number of possible championship points on all of your released boards.

My feeling is that ties aren't that common.  Any reasonable rule works.

3. #23 / 23
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

btilly wrote:

My feeling is that ties aren't that common.  Any reasonable rule works.

heh

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)