Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 43
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Hmm... just noticed that the problem appears to be with the flash player only -- I'm pretty sure it will play fine from the native player -- Do you want me to continue playing, or leave the game alone for a few hours for you to confirm?

Edit: In the history (using the native player) at turn 671 - it appears that black loses ownership of the Black's Bowl, even though play seems to move along fine.  Something's wacky.

I'd say play on if you can...

2. #42 / 43
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Hmm... just noticed that the problem appears to be with the flash player only -- I'm pretty sure it will play fine from the native player -- Do you want me to continue playing, or leave the game alone for a few hours for you to confirm?

Edit: In the history (using the native player) at turn 671 - it appears that black loses ownership of the Black's Bowl, even though play seems to move along fine.  Something's wacky.

I'd say play on if you can...

..works in the native player. However, I have to refresh the screen as the attacks don't appear to go through.  After I just took my turn, switching back to the Flash player still shows that Andernut own's Black's bowl, which of course can't be because it's White's Capital.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #43 / 43
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Trqitra wrote:

Apologies if this is not the place for it, but I have some comments and suggestions:

First of all, you said these problems occurred during a "code update," which makes it sound like a "Windows Update" or something else 'official,' or otherwise out of your hands.  However, I think what really happened is that you did something to the code, or initiated a recompile, or something else that caused all this grief and consternation to happen.  So lets just call a rose a rose here and admit that this was your fault.

Second, just "reverting" every affected game back a half a day is a poor, lazy, shotgun approach to fixing problems that, again, you caused to happen.  The honorable, ethical thing to do would be to fix the games as they stood, not take away everyone's cards and plays for half a day.  You said 234 games were affected.  Sounds like a lot of work.  Get crackin'.  Maybe you'll be more careful about implementing arbitrary and capricious and un-forewarned "code updates" in the future.

Lastly, rather than just carelessly let 200 games run off the rails while you mess around with the code, why don't you pause all games so no turns can be played, turns you're just going to take away anyway, while you indulge your OCD urge to tinker with the website?  At the very least, you could have posted a splash screen on the front page and at the start of every player mode that you are screwing around with the code *cough* I mean, a dubiously official "code update" is in progress and any move the player makes is in jeopardy of being surreptitiously cancelled and taken away?

* steps off soapbox *

I have a lot of responses, all of them negative. But I'll leave it with just one.  You are paying approximately 8 cents a day for a highly technical service.  The value you are getting for your money is beyond exceptional. Think about that next time before you post.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)