210 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member Magpie
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Is there a way to create a map script that changes borders and attack modifiers over a set number of turns or by some other method?  I doubt there is, but if not is it something that could be implemented?  I have some thoughts for maps using that idea.

Edited Tue 8th Dec 16:48 [history]

2. #2 / 4
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Magpie

No, there isn't anything like this at present but the concept of dynamic borders has been put forward before and is on the ToDo list.

It's going to be very tricky to implement, I think it would have to be done in a sort of high-level pseudo-language which would be interpreted as the game went on.

Suffice to say I love the idea of it but it may be some time before it's reality!

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok, I don't wanna be a killjoy or nothing but there is something to be said for trying to find creative ways around the sites limitations. I'm not saying that I don't want this, because it would be really cool, but I also don't want map makers given everything they want either. It takes away some of the fun and the drive to be revolutionary.
    There is, as of yet, no way to ensure that someone completes one task before moving on to another (conquers all of one area to be able to attack another) so I have used a negative bonus penalty to discourage people from doing this until they do my bidding. It's not perfect solution, but it is a way of stepping outside the box and coming up with creative solutions.
    I have no ideas for how to do what Magpie wants to do, but I bet if given enough time (and beer) I can probably figure out at least a respectable work around.
    I don't want to be given everything. I don't want to have new code written for one map idea I may have. I want to be revolutionary and I also want to be awed when people come up with interesting concepts that never occured to me.
    I'm just saying, let's pace ourselves. If you update everything now, what will be left in a year to make the site new and fresh?

These are only my thoughts and should not be taken as advice or disrespect to anyone or anything.

The Status is NOT quo

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member Magpie
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack, that's actually more what I was talking about, a potential work-around. I just suggested in-game script as an idea. I'm not expecting a new button on the site or anything like that, I just wanted to see if other people had thought about the same problem (looks like you have). This wasn't so much about being given a feature as coming up with a solution ourselves.

I'm all for creative solutions too, but if something like that already existed, I wanted to know about it.

If/when you have an idea about changing borders Risky let me know, I can try to help brainstorm or test if you want.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)