223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 23
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman, How did you get the game to decide which new blocks to assign with you lego map?

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

2. #22 / 23
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Most bricks in my factory battle are assigned to start neutral with zero units.  A few bricks in the middle are left unassigned via the setup tab, so they just get randomly assigned when the board starts (just like a normal territory in a typical wargear map). 

It's a bit complicated to describe, but for a given scenario, the bricks that are unassigned (i.e. not neutral) are always the same, but who they are given to when the game starts changes randomly each time.  Does that make sense?

Here's a direct link to the designer if you want to take a look:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/4008

In the XML, this means a scenario_type="0" attribute for that territory element.

As for how those bricks were chosen, when the maps get created, their is a random number generator, and 20% (I think that was the % I ended up with) of the time, it sets:

scenario_type="0"

for the brick, the other 80% of the time it sets:

scenario_type="Neutral" scenario_seat="0" scenario_units="0"

Hope that's clear.

Edited Tue 25th Sep 12:55 [history]

3. #23 / 23
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Simple, but super effective. Nicely done. Smile

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)