210 Open Daily games
4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I just submitted a board for review, what do I do now? It seems to have only created one game, do I need to submit other to be reviewed too, would seem to need to have several games for multiple people to review.

2. #2 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

With a two player game - it's not a bad idea to have multiple games -- though it isn't required - I'm not even sure how it would work.. Maybe it's one more reason to have a dedicated forum thread for Reviewers.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What happens if you release a game and after 100 games have been played you want to change the scenario to have it more balanced?  Can you change it?  What about the ratings people have?

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yes, you can change most any aspect of the board after it has been reviewed and passed.  There is a processthat requires you to "retire" the board (and all of its scenarios) by replacing it with another version. Version updates basically involve the "copying" of your existing game and making changes to it while the old one stays active. After updating with the new board, any games previously started on the "old" version are played out on the "old" board. All Ratings remain.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    Edited Tue 10th Apr 21:14 [history]

5. #5 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks M, let me clarify to make sure I understand the phrase 'all ratings remain'.  If I have a rating of 1250 on a board and it gets updated.  I play a game on the new version and win 15 points, my rating is now 1265 - not 1250 on version 1 and 1015 on version 2.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Thanks M, let me clarify to make sure I understand the phrase 'all ratings remain'.  If I have a rating of 1250 on a board and it gets updated.  I play a game on the new version and win 15 points, my rating is now 1265 - not 1250 on version 1 and 1015 on version 2.

correct -- absolutely nothing changes in the ratings -- It simply becomes an updated version of the board.  This way you can make minor tweaks and add scenarios, etc.. and to the player it will be all but invisible.

Edited Wed 11th Apr 07:51 [history]

7. #7 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Yes, you can change most any aspect of the board after it has been reviewed and passed.  There is a processthat requires you to "retire" the board (and all of its scenarios) by replacing it with another version. Version updates basically involve the "copying" of your existing game and making changes to it while the old one stays active. After updating with the new board, any games previously started on the "old" version are played out on the "old" board. All Ratings remain.

Hey M, I want to make one change to my board and would like to follow the process you outline above.

My first step is to copy, when I do this it says new version or new board, which do I choose.

Also on my version there are a bunch of locks, do I want them all locked, unlocked, both?

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You want "New Version". This way, when you "Promote" the board, the "Old" version will be automatically retired (all stats remain, of course).

If you want to make a change to a scenario, you need to make sure that the part of it you are changing is unlocked.  This is critical and you need to be diligent about it. If you don't, it will default to whatever the "base" board's criteria/data is (I.e., no change). Currently, you can go in and make changed to a scenario -  hit save and think all is working fine, only to find that the changes have not taken effect because you forgot to unlock that set of features.

Edited Sun 29th Apr 07:13 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)