1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Tom,

In the below game, the settings specify abandon with revert to neutral.  However, it looks like territories that are transferred out of (as opposed to attacking) are not being reverted to neutral.

Thanks,

BD

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/137183

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member CK66
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Also noted in this thread:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2244p1/New_Board:_Remember

Cram indicated that this was how he intended the board to play.

3. #3 / 5
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

CK66 wrote:

Also noted in this thread:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2244p1/New_Board:_Remember

Cram indicated that this was how he intended the board to play.

Sorry, CK. I think I misunderstood you if that's what you meant in the other thread.

This problem of retaining possession if you transfer out instead of die out is external to the map settings and does appear to be a site bug. It's neither a feature of the board nor intended.

It confused me and some testers, and we never figured out the pattern of transfer out being the cause, but it had minimal affect on gameplay so I left the map as is and will hope for a fix from admin.

In your Face!

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member CK66
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Ok. No problem.

I actually don't mind the way it works; although it is a bit frustrating at first when you abandon a territory by accident. Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of 1's in out of the way places.

5. #5 / 5
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

CK66 wrote:

Ok. No problem.

I actually don't mind the way it works; although it is a bit frustrating at first when you abandon a territory by accident. Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of 1's in out of the way places.

It does suck to leave a territory by accident. It also sucks to have to use the dropdown to select 4 all the time. But because the bonus per territory is one of the only sources of bonus units on the map, making the sacrifice of leaving someone in an out-of-the-way territory instead of contributing to battle is one of those important decisions I like to force players to make.

But now we're getting outside the scope of the support forum and the particular issue at hand. We can copy this and pick it back up over in the Remember thread if you want.

In your Face!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)