*yawn* *stretch* time to wake up..

2. #22 / 22
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

until the right map or the right circumstance created a "eureka moment"

So far, this might be it for me.  Granted, it's only my first game on it, and it's against a RL friend of mine that I love whipping on, so that might be helping the scenario.

I guess I just always feel like I never got the strategy.  Back on WF, there was some map with 4 quadrants that was Blind-At-Once that looked similar to Project Resistence, which might be yours (??) which I think Yertle ported from a WF board.  Anyway, we played it a number of times over there, but my opinion (note: just opinion) was that it (pardon the insult if it is your board) sucked donkey cajones.

I always felt like the it was just a race to take over the choke points, and then a waiting game until you had enough armies to run your opponent over.  Because the choke points (connections between rooms) was always a head-on battle, the blind at once was lost.  Once you took over your quadrant, holding it was a piece of cake, and then it was just building.

This board feels like totally different.  There's a REAL purpose to making it Simulgear.  Add to it the strategy of only having 10 bonus to use over the course of the game, and hospital bonuses and artillery attacks.  There's SO many ways to attack that the simulgear strategy really makes board better.

Alright, enough with the ego stroking, I'll let you and Yertle get back to your discussion...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)