213 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 24
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Also Yuriz, some sites no longer take U.S. players (at the very least the "big 3"), so do you know whether Redbet does or not? Also, what percentile do you think you have to be in to make enough to be professional? (i.e. what percent of the players do you have to be better than - it is often commented that the level of play at low stakes went up dramatically over the last few years.)

Like Boris, I restricted myself to small stakes, aware of my own lack of skill :)

The probability of missing a 1/N event in N tries approaches 1/e as N gets large. I just wanted to put that in a signature.

2. #22 / 24
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I agree that the level of play at the lower stakes has gone up a lot.  Still a lot of fish out there, but a lot harder than it used to be. 

I once won over $50 in a few hours playing nickel/dime NLH on-line.  Everything clicked (on-line poker... get it?!?) into place that day.

Most I ever won in a hand on-line was close to $25 - I was playing dime/quarter at the time (rarely did I play that since it was such a big portion of my on-line "bankroll") and someone tried to bluff me off a set :)

Biggest pot live was when the river card gave both me and the other player a full house.  I had a set of 10s and he had two pair (10-9) and the board was 10-9-x-x-9.  That was close to $250 at $1/$2 NLH.  I bet out on every street if I remember correctly and he called (then raised me all-in on the river).

Edited Thu 3rd Nov 22:50 [history]

3. #23 / 24
    Standard Member YuriZ
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

@Boris: I had quite alot of 3k wins and even more 500-3k. My biggest by far however is when i became second in a 100k gtd tournament. I won €11.6k. Was a bit unlucky in HU, it could/should have been 17.2k, but obviously i can't complain after that win :)

@Hugh: I don't know for sure if Redbet allows USA players, but i think they do. I think you have to be better than 80% of the players on the level that you're playing to be a pro.

But you need ALOT more than skill to be a pro!
    -Discipline

-Patience

-Good state of mind (relaxed, happy, fit, dont force yourself into playing, dont play when you're tired...)

Especially the last one is very important. It happened to me a thousand times that im playing like 8 hours without making a mistake, and JUST before the money i get a bad beat. You have to be able to laugh it off, or you won't be able to play professionally no matter how good you are.

Edited Sat 5th Nov 15:08 [history]

4. #24 / 24
    Standard Member YuriZ
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Btw Hugh, if you want to play on RedBet, send me a PM. I have a link for you to get 30% rakeback, but you have to use it before you make an account :)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)