188 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

When clicking "Chatrooms" the window comes up but doesn't display anything. I see a notification saying, "Waiting on www.wargear.com" and all my tabs begin refreshing/working (I see the little rotating icon indicating they are doing something).  Only way to reset is to refresh my page.

Overall, appears as if the chat is causing a general system/browser slowdown, even when I'm not actively chatting with anybody.

Using Firefox 6.0.1.

Anybody else having this problem?

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

2. #2 / 4
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

haven't seen a slow down yet. but i'll keep an eye out for it. but FWIW i just updated to IE8, so maybe i won't see anything.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 4
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The server itself is not being impacted by the chat feature but your browser / PC may be - there is a fair chunk of javascript running on your browser and if you have a slow PC it may affect it.

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

The server itself is not being impacted by the chat feature but your browser / PC may be - there is a fair chunk of javascript running on your browser and if you have a slow PC it may affect it.

I think what you described is the issue.  I noticed the problem is intermittent and seemed to happen at the same time my other programs were running slowly.

Thanks for the response

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)