Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Bugs/Suggestions :)

Territory Selection:

Would be very nice if Neutrals somehow stood out more, the White and Neutrals look very very similar.

A counter telling how many areas have been select out of how many that need to be selected before Apply would be nice (similar to the display of the number of units when in Place phase).

A Random button would be cool that randomly assigned the remaining territories a number.

Unit Placement:

Games DO NOT SHOW UP in My Games tab for the Live/Live Not Eliminated filters when at Unit Placement phase.  (Present in All and My Turn pages.)

The number counter of troops that is normally there isn't present for the Unit Placement phase.  Wait, maybe this is only for Internet Explorer, seems to be there for Firefox.

Random button again would be nice.

Help me with my math, are these Reserve Troop numbers right for this game Planet Yertle?  Initial Units count = Territory,  Number of units per territory = 3 are the Rules (Abandon Off).

Yurog has 29 territories, so he should have 29*3 = 87 right?  I assume 29 get taken out of there for all the 1s on the Initial Starting positions, so that is 87-29 = 58 right?  Should he then get the +7 for territory bonus, I think probably not, but maybe, but either way 58 or 58+7 = 65 doesn't equal the 67 he has in Reserve.

Similarly with Yertle except he has 30 territories and only 66 units (which still doesn't equal the 58 or 65).

Is something trying to get evened out here or am I doing bad math/missing something?  I'll leave it at this stage before I move forward and check to make sure Unit Placement works.

Thanks!

Yertle is here.
    Edited Fri 27th Nov 01:34 [history]

2. #2 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Something is super wrong, I have no idea how I have 30 units in Reserve for this game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/4487.  I placed all my units at Unit Placement (which was 27ish, which was correct if you get the Min +3 in addition to 3xNumberTerritories), Max is 15 in Reserve anyhow, yet somehow I have 30 to place (should have 3).

Yertle is here.

3. #3 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hmmm will check that out asap Yertle...

4. #4 / 7
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Help me with my math, are these Reserve Troop numbers right for this game Planet Yertle? Initial Units count = Territory, Number of units per territory = 3 are the Rules (Abandon Off).

Yurog has 29 territories, so he should have 29*3 = 87 right? I assume 29 get taken out of there for all the 1s on the Initial Starting positions, so that is 87-29 = 58 right? Should he then get the +7 for territory bonus, I think probably not, but maybe, but either way 58 or 58+7 = 65 doesn't equal the 67 he has in Reserve.

Similarly with Yertle except he has 30 territories and only 66 units (which still doesn't equal the 58 or 65).

Is something trying to get evened out here or am I doing bad math/missing something? I'll leave it at this stage before I move forward and check to make sure Unit Placement works.

Agreed with all your suggestions - once I have finished the changes to add Designer defined colors to the board (should be in by Wednesday all being well) I will change the Neutral color to something much darker.

re: the reserves calculation, there was a small bug which has now been fixed. It is trying to balance it out so each player gets the same number of units when accounting for placed+reserves as otherwise one player could get an advantage however it was not counting the scenario defined neutrals which is why the calculation was wrong.

For a per-territory setup the calculation is done by taking the MAX number of territories that any player was allocated and multiplying this by the per-territory unit count. In this case that is 30 territories * 3 units = 90.

Subtract from this the number of units actually placed = 29 and you end up with a figure of 61 reserves. If you restart the game you should get this number.

As to the other problem - it's fixed also - the reserves weren't being subtracted from the initial unit allocation. Sorry, a lot of the more esoteric design options haven't necessarily been play tested that well {#emotions_dlg.blush}

5. #5 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cool thanks!

Yertle is here.

6. #6 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hehe, when Territory Selection occurs and you select all your territories, the Player Info box and Info tab think that you actually have all those territories and counts the order sequence as troop numbers. So it looks like you have a lot of units and a lot of continents. This is only a display issue until you click out of the Flash.

Yertle is here.

7. #7 / 7
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

:) good one

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)