203 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member jsilveronnelly
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Howdy. I've found that RT games are pretty fun. But even so, sitting on the mouse clicking refresh every 5 seconds sucks.

Useful tip for keeping on time with your RT game turn. Requirements: (1) Mobile phone with unlimited inbound texts, 2) a mobile service provider that provides email-to-sms gateway (most do!), and (3)gmail account (any email, really, but gmail is what I used).

Steps:

1) Set up forwarding address in your gmail account that forwards to your email-to-sms gateway email.

2) Set up filter rule "from:[email protected]" AND "your turn in game". Filter rule will forward email that matches the rule to the email address in (1)

3) there is no (3)

Make sense? Now your "your turn" emails are forwarded to your phone! Yay!

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

My problem is that from time to time I get an e-mail 2 hours after it has been sent. Can you do something for me.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member jsilveronnelly
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

That is a problem, yes. But it depends if it is because WG is sending late or your email service takes a long time to deliver or receive.

One solution is to use your SMS gateway email address as your WG account email. You cna find that here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've been known to go old-school and just keep a stopwatch handy.  Your phone probably has one.  Set it to beep every 6 minutes and you're never gonna miss a turn.

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

jsilveronnelly wrote:

That is a problem, yes. But it depends if it is because WG is sending late or your email service takes a long time to deliver or receive.

One solution is to use your SMS gateway email address as your WG account email. You cna find that here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

Thanks. i believe it's because my e-mail service is bad, all the more because I use a transfer.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)