199 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member Flak88
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hi...new to the site and am certainly liking what I see so far!  One question though.  As stated in the subject, I started a game for 10 people but not all have joined or plan on it.  Other sites I have played on will allow you to start a game at any time, even if all players have not joined.  Is there any way to start the game on WarGear even if not all invited players have joined?  Or do I need to just start a new game and have the old one deleted by an admin?

THANKS!

2. #2 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

No unfortunately there isn't - the problem with allowing this is that you might say set up a 4 player game then decide to start it when only one other person has joined. This makes it a completely different proposition for the person who joined expecting a 4 player game but ended up with a 2 player game. Perhaps with 10 players it's OK to start it if 8 or more join though, this could potentially be allowed in future. But at present, no, sorry!

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member Flak88
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Ok, thanks for the info Tom, I appreciate it.  I totally see your point.  I do think that it would be a good feature to add though as I have lots of friends who love to play, but often one or a few of them will not be able to join in a reasonable amount of time and it holds up the game for the rest of us.  Perhaps the feature could be added for games in excess of 4 players?  After 4 people join, then the option appears on the hosters session to start the game.  That way the game would have at least 4 people in it.  Just a suggestion.

Also, since this is the case, is it possible for you to get rid of the below game:

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/21873

I started it with 10 people but don't have that many to invite and didn't know I wouldn't be able to start it without all invitees.  Sorry for the noob mistake but I'm new to the site.

Thanks Tom!

4. #4 / 6
    Standard Member Flak88
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

One more thought....

Perhaps it could be added as an option on "Private" games only?  That way no outside parties would be surprised by the lesser number of players.

5. #5 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Sure I terminated that game.

One option is you can start say a 4 player private game and invite 8 players (you can invite players after the game has been created while it still isn't full).

This way the game starts with the first 4 players who join.

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member Flak88
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks for terming the game Tom. Also, good advice on the game setup..I'll keep it in mind!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)