Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member vase
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/12024

I started a private match to get our wargear toes wet, and didn't (intentionally) set the boot time to be anything other than the default (autoskip).  However, instead of skipping, it booted a player who is used to a 1 week super relaxed boot time...  Now I'm trying to see why, and I can't find where the boot settings are for the match.  On the main info screen it lists what the _default_ setting is.  And I know it was on the initial join screen... anywhere else? 

Also, I assume there's no way to have an admin rewind a turn?  I feel bad starting my friend out with a boot.

2. #2 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The table to the left of your map image on the link you provided, near the bottom of that list is the Boot Interval and Type.
    2 AutoSkips in a Row = Boot

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member vase
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Ah ok. Thanks. I read that section of the help too literally and thought the "2 skips = boot" rule only applied to public games.

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

vaaaase wrote: Ah ok. Thanks. I read that section of the help too literally and thought the "2 skips = boot" rule only applied to public games.

Hmmmm, good point, perhaps the 2 AutoSkips = AutoBoot shouldn't be the functionality in Private games, maybe it should just allow unlimited AutoSkips.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

5. #5 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

vaaaase wrote:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/12024

I started a private match to get our wargear toes wet, and didn't (intentionally) set the boot time to be anything other than the default (autoskip).  However, instead of skipping, it booted a player who is used to a 1 week super relaxed boot time...  Now I'm trying to see why, and I can't find where the boot settings are for the match.  On the main info screen it lists what the _default_ setting is.  And I know it was on the initial join screen... anywhere else? 

Also, I assume there's no way to have an admin rewind a turn?  I feel bad starting my friend out with a boot.

I reset the game to the turn just before the boot and disabled the autoboot on that game. Let me know if you have any more problems.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member vase
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Yertle -- I agree, it would be cool if both were at least an option. I never boot friends, ever, but I know that that's not always the best rule.

Tom -- thank you! Now we can relax and enjoy the game amidst finals week.

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

vaaaase wrote: Yertle -- I agree, it would be cool if both were at least an option. I never boot friends, ever, but I know that that's not always the best rule.

You (may know this) can set the Boot Type to No Boot when you create a Private game, it's in the Additional Options section... of course remembering to set that is something that I normally forget to do :P

What's Your Passion?

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member EnixNeo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

vaaaase wrote: Now we can relax and enjoy the game amidst finals week.

omg, I know what that's like.  We have our board exams next week... and I'm on WG clearly not studying...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)