230 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I know that being eliminated resets your elimination streak record, but does that also apply to being booted from a game?

A player in one of my games doesn't want to end his current turn because he's on the verge of reaching a new elimination milestone in another game and he's concerned I will eliminate him as soon as he ends his turn in our game. If he just stalls until he boots in our game will that also reset his elimination streak?

To clarify, neither his elimination nor his boot in our game will end the game. There's still 12 other active players.

Edited Fri 22nd Dec 15:06 [history]

2. #2 / 12
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I guess we are about to find out.

3. #3 / 12
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Well, we'll find out within the next 18.x hours :-)

Or it could be left to the imagination if the player were to play a 2-player realtime game with someone before lx260 makes his play.

If he beats lx260, his win streak goes to 15 (and his elimination streak goes to ... something).

If he loses against lx260, then his streak is over.

But playing the quick game will give him a chance at hitting the milestone.

4. #4 / 12
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

He has not yet skipped a turn so he won't boot this round. The question of boots affecting elimination streak records just entered my mind when he told me his reason for delaying his current turn.

5. #5 / 12
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Ah yes, I failed to notice he hadn't skipped yet, thanks for clarifying :-)

6. #6 / 12
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I don't think anyone will ever beat berickv's streak of 117 eliminations in a row. I recently tied IRSmart at 37, and didn't even realize it. I wasn't paying attention to that stat until it was too late to try to make it a bit longer

7. #7 / 12
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Chele Nica wrote:I don't think anyone will ever beat berickv's streak of 117 eliminations in a row. I recently tied IRSmart at 37, and didn't even realize it. I wasn't paying attention to that stat until it was too late to try to make it a bit longer

I wasn't aware there was a global top streak available. 117 is breaking my brain.

8. #8 / 12
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Chess clock, anyone? Though some would argue it's cheating to break the record that way. I say, times change. If someone scored 100+ in the NBA, would it not count just because he hit a 3?

9. #9 / 12
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Abraham the Mage wrote:Chess clock, anyone? Though some would argue it's cheating to break the record that way. I say, times change. If someone scored 100+ in the NBA, would it not count just because he hit a 3?

Sometimes I think I've created a monster! :-)

Personally, I wouldn't consider it cheating - there are so many styles of game setup and game play, and so many players with particular skill sets, that 'unfair' advantages can abound!

That being said, when you consider that we typically tend to play the chess clock games (I've not done them recently due to need to focus on work) with a 5minute timer, it would take a maximum of 1180 minutes (19 hours 40 minutes) or a more 'reasonable' 9 hours 30 minutes if the average used up only 5 minutes total between the two players' clocks.

That's ... a lot :-)

So .... I say .... go for it!

10. #10 / 12
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

agwyvern wrote:Abraham the Mage wrote:Chess clock, anyone? Though some would argue it's cheating to break the record that way. I say, times change. If someone scored 100+ in the NBA, would it not count just because he hit a 3?

Sometimes I think I've created a monster! :-)

Personally, I wouldn't consider it cheating - there are so many styles of game setup and game play, and so many players with particular skill sets, that 'unfair' advantages can abound!

That being said, when you consider that we typically tend to play the chess clock games (I've not done them recently due to need to focus on work) with a 5minute timer, it would take a maximum of 1180 minutes (19 hours 40 minutes) or a more 'reasonable' 9 hours 30 minutes if the average used up only 5 minutes total between the two players' clocks.

That's ... a lot :-)

So .... I say .... go for it!

I don't mean in one day, but this way even once you lose, in a week you can be right back up. Sounds intriguing.

11. #11 / 12
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Twobeard wrote:Chele Nica wrote:I don't think anyone will ever beat berickv's streak of 117 eliminations in a row. I recently tied IRSmart at 37, and didn't even realize it. I wasn't paying attention to that stat until it was too late to try to make it a bit longer

I wasn't aware there was a global top streak available. 117 is breaking my brain.

Was unbeatable on Blandensburg and Iwo Jima if I recall.

12. #12 / 12
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:Twobeard wrote:Chele Nica wrote:I don't think anyone will ever beat berickv's streak of 117 eliminations in a row. I recently tied IRSmart at 37, and didn't even realize it. I wasn't paying attention to that stat until it was too late to try to make it a bit longer

Was unbeatable on Blandensburg and Iwo Jima if I recall.

Sadly I only got to play him in Bladensburg as I was learning the board, once I had more games under my belt he stopped creating them and wouldn't join mine alas. I really would have liked to have played him now as it's a great board especially if you get a relatively even start.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)