219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member YourFriendlyNeighborhoodDBJ
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

All my players are tired and want to go to bed. Is there a way to resume this tomorrow, or change it to a daily game for the ending?

2. #2 / 12
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It's not a bad idea, but programming aside, there's a lot that has to happen for this to work. One player would have to initiate the action and specify the player turn limit for the remainder of the game AND ALL other players would have to agree. While this might work with a bunch of friends, it's unlikely to happen with most members.

That said, a workaround that comes to mind might be to terminate the game. When the crew is reassembled go into the turn history for that game and create a rematch at the last turn by clicking on 'view log' in the game view page. Then scroll to the turn and click on the Gold button at the end of that row (column "R")

Otherwise, and if you're playing with friends who agree to move quickly, just don't play real-time games.

Edited Fri 11th Aug 06:47 [history]

3. #3 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Otherwise, and if you're playing with friends who agree to move quickly, just don't play real-time games.

this is the simplest solution for next time. Pick what you want, but put it at a 'normal' clock and just take your turns. there are a many times a 3day limit game will be done in 15mins when all of us are taking consecutive turns

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 12
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

That said, a workaround that comes to mind might be to terminate the game. When the crew is reassembled go into the turn history for that game and create a rematch at the last turn by clicking on 'view log' in the game view page. Then scroll to the turn and click on the Gold button at the end of that row (column "R")

This is interesting. Is it possible to do a rematch from any turn in a game, or only from the final turn?

Yeah, next time we will definitely use the daily limit, but we thought we would finish the same night and did not factor in the bigger board. Ultimately, we all logged off at the same time and let our turns lapse, so we all wound up booted.

5. #5 / 12
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I found the Replay-from-this-turn thing -- it's a Premium feature, but the group is now discussing just grabbing a temporary Premium account so we can finish up! Only the person making the game would need to be Premium, right?

Thank you!!

6. #6 / 12
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I found the Replay-from-this-turn thing -- it's a Premium feature, but the group is now discussing just grabbing a temporary Premium account so we can finish up! Only the person making the game would need to be Premium, right?

Thank you!!

7. #7 / 12
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Only the person making the game would need to be Premium, right?

Thank you!!

No guarantees, but I'm pretty sure it will work.

8. #8 / 12
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It would be nice to be able to do this by vote I think? All remaining non-eliminated players need to vote to change it?

9. #9 / 12
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:Only the person making the game would need to be Premium, right?

Thank you!!
    No guarantees, but I'm pretty sure it will work.

Yes this should work for now - if not let me know via PM.

10. #10 / 12
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:It would be nice to be able to do this by vote I think? All remaining non-eliminated players need to vote to change it?

Isn't it already this way?

• Everyone has to agree in order to terminate a game.
    • When a player initiates a replay, the game doesn't resume until/unless all (non-eliminated) players join.

11. #11 / 12
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:tom wrote:It would be nice to be able to do this by vote I think? All remaining non-eliminated players need to vote to change it?

Isn't it already this way?
    • Everyone has to agree in order to terminate a game.
    • When a player initiates a replay, the game doesn't resume until/unless all (non-eliminated) players join.

I'm just thinking it's a direct conversion from real time to x day turn timer

12. #12 / 12
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

YourFriendlyNeighborhoodDBJ wrote:I found the Replay-from-this-turn thing -- it's a Premium feature, but the group is now discussing just grabbing a temporary Premium account so we can finish up! Only the person making the game would need to be Premium, right?

Thank you!!

"temporary Premium account"

3 years later: Mmmmm Premium.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)