229 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 29
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

The site has been crashing every minute or two at the present time. Here is a sample error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught RedisException: read error on connection to localhost:6379 in /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/shared.php:1485 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/shared.php(1485): Redis->get() #1 /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/class.gamelist.php(559): build_player_bar() #2 /var/www/wargear/html/sections/games/list.php(151): cls_gamelist->display() #3 /var/www/wargear/html/index.php(219): include('/var/www/wargea...') #4 {main} thrown in /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/shared.php on line 1485

This is the third time I've tried to post this thread.

2. #2 / 29
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Working fine for me currently

3. #3 / 29
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Happening again now. Site is very sluggish as well. Here's another sample error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught RedisException: OOM command not allowed when used memory > 'maxmemory'. in /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/shared.php:1304 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/shared.php(1304): Redis->set() #1 /var/www/wargear/html/index.php(39): cache_table_indexed() #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/shared.php on line 1304

4. #4 / 29
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Site was slow for me about a half hour ago.. Seems to be fine now.

5. #5 / 29
    Colonel ogg ogg is offline now
    Premium Member ogg
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have been getting errors too, starting to get skipped in my games 😢

6. #6 / 29
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I believe the site was down for at least 6 hours.

7. #7 / 29
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

There was an issue which I've been looking into. Apologies!

8. #8 / 29
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

For the last few hours:

Fatal error: Uncaught RedisException: Connection refused in /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/redis.php:4 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/redis.php(4): Redis->connect() #1 /var/www/wargear/html/index.php(15): include_once('/var/www/wargea...') #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/redis.php on line 4

Curiously, downforeveryoneorjustme.com reports WG is up even with that fatal error message.

Edited Sat 12th Aug 20:07 [history]

9. #9 / 29
    Premium Member ogg
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

lx260 wrote:For the last few hours:
    Fatal error: Uncaught RedisException: Connection refused in /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/redis.php:4 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/redis.php(4): Redis->connect() #1 /var/www/wargear/html/index.php(15): include_once('/var/www/wargea...') #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/wargear/html/shared/code/redis.php on line 4

Curiously, downforeveryoneorjustme.com reports WG is up even with that fatal error message.

Technically the site is up, just not any content, lol

10. #10 / 29
    Premium Member ogg
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

...and another game bites the dust (skipped). I should have put myself on vacation last time I was able to login, lol.

Any plans to go back and reset games or just going to work with it as it comes?

11. #11 / 29
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Tom is usually pretty good about reverting skips. Shoot him a message.

12. #12 / 29
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

lx260 wrote:Tom is usually pretty good about reverting skips. Shoot him a message.

Yeah, he did it for me, though I had to email him as I couldn't open the site.

13. #13 / 29
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi as per message on the outage thread, I've reverted what games I can see were affected by the outages. However I can't be sure that I've got them all as the site was up and down a few times and also just slow (but playable).

Please can you send me links via PM to any games where you were unfairly skipped or booted and I will review them.

14. #14 / 29
    Premium Member lx260
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Site was down again for several hours. I didn't copy the error message this time. Do you have a service that notifies you when the site is down?

15. #15 / 29
    Premium Member Silver Fox
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I noticed tonight my score on some maps is back at 1000? same for some of the people I am against? did some maps reset?

Thanks

16. #16 / 29
    Premium Member jamesd
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Site has been having ongoing issues with Redis connection failures over the past few weeks. Is there any update on what the root cause is and that there's a plan to fully solve it? Thanks.

17. #17 / 29
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi - yes I'm working on all of the Redis, stability and rankings issues and definitely plan to fully solve these sooner rather than later!

18. #18 / 29
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Thanks Tom!

19. #19 / 29
    Premium Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:hi - yes I'm working on all of the Redis, stability and rankings issues and definitely plan to fully solve these sooner rather than later!

20. #20 / 29
    Premium Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I haven't posted on the forum in awhile and seem to have forgotten how to do it. I hope this works. I'm trying to reach Tom or anyone with the authority and know-how to readjust my stats. I have only been playing one or two games, so I hope it will be easy to fix. My last completed game was Seven Redux, named "momz 75" against Ealer. The Win Message said that I won that game and now have Global ranking of 1100, and Ealer has 1208. Our Board rankings are 1104 for momzilla and 873 for Ealer. Momzilla is ranked #11 on the Seven Redux board, and Ealer is #126.

However, the stats listed at the bottom of this game do not agree with the Win Message. They are listed as 1055 for my rank and 922 for Ealer's. I haven't completed another game since this one, so should still be at 1104 board ranking on Seven Redux. Not sure if Ealer has completed another game on Seven Redux and received a new board ranking.

Thanks for your help straightening this out! Very much appreciated!

--Momzilla

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)