2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've updated the site so that you can now create and join Public Dev / Beta games.

To avoid confusion the display of Dev games in the Open games list is done on an opt-in basis - this is done by going to the Settings -> Preferences tab where there is now an option to choose whether you would like to see Dev games in the Open games list.

This should give designers access to a wider range of players to test their boards on in Public without closed reviewer lists. Thanks to Edward Nygma for the original suggestion.

2. #2 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Still the only way for to know about boards in Beta are by the Board Designers telling people correct?

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

3. #3 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes... although when you go to create a beta game all the beta boards will be in the select list.

At some point when the boards page has tabs it will be possible to see Beta games.

4. #4 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

should it default to "On" and make people go turn it off so they're aware of it? cus really unless someone reads this thread, how will they know (or care) to go turn it on?

Don't Taze Me Bro!

5. #5 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'd prefer not to - dev games are one of those things I don't particularly want new members to see and once you've been here for a while and become more interested in the site it's one of the things you'll pick up.

6. #6 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: I'd prefer not to - dev games are one of those things I don't particularly want new members to see and once you've been here for a while and become more interested in the site it's one of the things you'll pick up.

I agree with that reasoning.

I would these Public Beta games be counted in the game restriction for Standard members?

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

7. #7 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah i was thinking for paid members too.

speaking of which, does the system send out an email to remind when you're about to lose membership and to reup?

Don't Taze Me Bro!

8. #8 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    speaking of which, does the system send out an email to remind when you're about to lose membership and to reup?

You get an email when you lose membership, don't think you get one when you're about to.

What's Your Passion?

9. #9 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote: I'd prefer not to - dev games are one of those things I don't particularly want new members to see and once you've been here for a while and become more interested in the site it's one of the things you'll pick up.

I agree with that reasoning.

I would these Public Beta games be counted in the game restriction for Standard members?

Yes they would at present... not sure whether they should be counted, I'd say probably yes given otherwise it could be a loophole to get Public game access without Premium.

10. #10 / 16
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Yes... although when you go to create a beta game all the beta boards will be in the select list.

At some point when the boards page has tabs it will be possible to see Beta games.

You speak of creating a beta game as though it is an option.  How does one do this?  It does not appear as an option in create game - I went to Arm Wrestle's board id link, hit create game, but it went into a standard create game mode (only non-beta boards were listed).  Am I missing something obvious?

11. #11 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

That was actually a bug which has now been fixed Hugh.

12. #12 / 16
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Excellent! As always, many thanks.

13. #13 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

is there a way to pull up DEV boards from the create games tab? or do we still have to go from the board id listed in a forum? seems to me that there ought to be a second page in the board browser (not sure how to implement on the pull down) that would list the dev boards open. 

also is there two submit buttons on the design page - one for submit for open Dev games and one for submit for Review?

Don't Taze Me Bro!
    Edited Thu 11th Feb 12:10 [history]

14. #14 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

No, there's a little bug icon which you can click on which enables it for Open Dev (i.e. Beta games).

That's a good idea about having an option to select Dev boards from the Create Game page.

15. #15 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: No, there's a little bug icon which you can click on which enables it for Open Dev (i.e. Beta games).

AH, that's what that does (did you recent update what that area looks like? i couldn't tell what the different icons did, but now i can?). maybe thats why i never got anyone to play my Dev board!

Don't Taze Me Bro!
    Edited Thu 11th Feb 14:00 [history]

16. #16 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

That would definitely explain it ;)

That change has been in for a few weeks now...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)