1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Private zyx zyx is offline now
    Standard Member zyx
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I just joined this game because it had 1 seat left.  Never played this map before, didn't seem to complete a single move, have no idea what's going on.  Everyone else booted (although it appears the other 2 members of my team also won).

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/718200

Did I win any ranking points?  Doesn't look like it.

This game does not appear in my ranking history.  Why not?

Could the fact that it has an odd number of players, and hence lopsided teams, have made the game invalid?

Edited Tue 5th May 19:18 [history]

2. #2 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Lightning game, eh?

3. #3 / 13
    Private zyx zyx is offline now
    Standard Member zyx
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yes

4. #4 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Team games and private games do not affect your ranking in any way.

The game was setup on April 12, so not a surprise that there were boots with it being Lightning. But since you played a turn or two and weren't booted then you made your team win! GG! :)

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

5. #5 / 13
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Look at the ranking messages in the given game, and you will see that both your global team ranking and your board team ranking improved from 1000 to 1020.

Edited Wed 6th May 08:00 [history]

6. #6 / 13
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

fyi - you probably know this, but just in case, be aware that was a simul-gear game which plays completely differently than normal turn-based games.  Supposedly people that figure out how simul-gear works love it, but I could never get the hang of it.

7. #7 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Supposedly people that figure out how simul-gear works love it

Taking the tangent, it really is great once you get the hang of it. It is really a whole new gameplay with different strategies to think about and utilize.

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

8. #8 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

Taking the tangent, it really is great once you get the hang of it. It is really a whole new gameplay with different strategies to think about and utilize.

There was a time when all the top players were almost one and the same with the best simulgear players, but we’ve lost so many great simulgear players and had a slew of great turn-base only players come to the site.

9. #9 / 13
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:
    Yertle wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

There was a time when all the top players were almost one and the same with the best simulgear players, but we’ve lost so many great simulgear players and had a slew of great turn-base only players come to the site.

Sorry about that.....I wouldn't call myself turn based only, though, I do play some SimulGear also, just without flair.

Have to say, though, the two best turn-based players we've had didn't play much SimulGear, did they? berickf and luieuil.

10. #10 / 13
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Those Simulgear players were mostly ex-pats from TOS. I didn't like it there and so I participated in efforts to come up with a different engine for simultaneous play here, but the old-schoolers held their ground.

11. #11 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:
    Thingol wrote:
    Yertle wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

Sorry about that.....I wouldn't call myself turn based only, though, I do play some SimulGear also, just without flair.

Have to say, though, the two best turn-based players we've had didn't play much SimulGear, did they? berickf and luieuil.

Lol, by no means Litotes. You are a very welcome addition whether you play SG or not. Now, as for berickf and luieull, I think berickf ‘did’ play a bit of SG, though didn’t seem to enjoy it, along the same lines as Ozy. Mad Bomber about the same. But remember, for a long time, BlackDog was the ratings leader and Hugh and Andernut were at the top of the H-rating. I shouldn’t say ‘remember’ as it pre-dates your joining the site. 😉

12. #12 / 13
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:
    Lol, by no means Litotes. You are a very welcome addition whether you play SG or not. Now, as for berickf and luieull, I think berickf ‘did’ play a bit of SG, though didn’t seem to enjoy it, along the same lines as Ozy. Mad Bomber about the same. But remember, for a long time, BlackDog was the ratings leader and Hugh and Andernut were at the top of the H-rating. I shouldn’t say ‘remember’ as it pre-dates your joining the site. 😉

Yeah, I don't have the full history pre 2017 as I registered in December 2016. I have looked at ranking histories, though, and berickf has the highest peak, Luieuil the 2nd highest (3972). BlackDog's peak is 3327, about the same as Andernut (3339).

As for H, with Luieuil on 87 despite getting some boot losses at the end when he lost interest, it's hard to see Andernut was ever on top of that. 

Of course, it's definitely possible it was easier back when Luieuil played, with more random uncommitted opponents as a percentage of the total. Plus Andernut has not aimed for peak H, playing a lot of 1-on-1 on boards prone to randomness, something Luieuil stopped doing very early. 

13. #13 / 13
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I guess by now the site's got more longtime committed players. Except me, I'm pretty new.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)