209 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

First, the list of my games is no longer in date order. It is in random order. This has been going on for a long time, but my current games still appear on page 1 and recently finished games were on page 1 or 2, or on the last couple of pages, so I didn't try to get it fixed, except to clear my cache a couple times, which didn't work.  Now, however, the recently finished games are buried randomly within the 40 or so pages of history, so it has become a problem I hope can be fixed.

Next, I just finished a game of 1790 and the player stats looked odd, so I checked "Boards" and found that the rankings list for 1790 is based solely on that single game.  So, I checked my personal stats and they list 1790 twice. One entry is only for that game and the other is for all the rest of the 1790 games I've played.

Finally, today I logged in to play my current games.  I've been taking a break lately, so I only have 2 current games and one game waiting to start, all of them Dejeweled.  But I couldn't take my turn, because all of them appear as duplicate games.  My current turns, the game waiting to start, and I'm pretty sure all of my finished games, are duplicates.  

I hope you can help me with these problems, especially the duplicate games, so I can play!  Thanks very much.

2. #2 / 12
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

For the first thing, click on "Created". All the way on top, just below the pages, on the left side. That will sort your games in date order. You may need to click on it twice ( to go from descending to ascending order), not sure. 

3. #3 / 12
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It looks like there are two instances of the board 1790, which is why they are listed separately in your stats. The board URLs for each are different. 

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Thanks, Pratik!  Your answer to my first problem fixed it with just one click.  I had hoped it was something simple like that.  It did make it clear that all the games in my list are duplicated, though.  I sure hope there's a solution for that.

I don't know very much about computers, so I have no idea why there would suddenly be a different version of 1790, with a different URL from all the other games of 1790 I have played.  I hope that problem can be fixed, too.

5. #5 / 12
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The 1790 thing isn't a problem. It is something done by the board creator. Maybe there was some issue on the board (s)he couldn't fix, and copied it over to another instance of the board, and fixed it there.

Could you post a screenshot of the duplicated games?

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Ok, I will message the 1790 creator.

I'm afraid I don't know how to screenshot the duplicate games, but it is my whole list of games played, including 2 where it's my turn and one game waiting to start.  If you could just click on my name above my avatar, then click on my games list at the top right, you will see the first page of the games list.  Those games are almost finished.  I didn't win, but I'd rather not lose 4 games, instead of the correct 2 games.

I've scrolled through the list every 5th or so page and I'm more perplexed than ever.  There are no games from 2014 at all.  The rest of the games seem to be duplicated, but there are 100 pages.  I'm pretty sure I had around 40 pages when they were all single games.  Doesn't make any sense!

7. #7 / 12
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

This is very odd. momzilla, from your ranking history I find that every game you have played on this site, back to 2015, has counted double. All of them have been either two wins or two losses. But only for you. Your opponents have had it counted as one game. 

But this is only for the ranking history page. Your stats page appears normal, with several boards you have played only once. 

We need tom to look at this one.

8. #8 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

bizarre. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #9 / 12
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Thanks for looking at this, guys.  The duplications just happened, as well as the situation with the recent 1790 game I played.  I think the problem with the ranking history now is on offshoot of the problem with my games list, where suddenly all my games are duplicated.  I'm running out of time on the current turns, since I can't play duplicates of the same game, so I'm going on vacation time till this problem can be fixed.  Also going to cancel my new game.

10. #10 / 12
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

momzilla wrote:

Thanks for looking at this, guys.  The duplications just happened, as well as the situation with the recent 1790 game I played.  I think the problem with the ranking history now is on offshoot of the problem with my games list, where suddenly all my games are duplicated.  I'm running out of time on the current turns, since I can't play duplicates of the same game, so I'm going on vacation time till this problem can be fixed.  Also going to cancel my new game.

Thanks for taking a look, Tom.  I tried clearing my cache a few times earlier, with no luck.  For whatever reason, it worked this time!  I couldn't be happier!  Thanks so much.

The situation with the 1790 game is still a problem.  I've sent 2 private messages to Toaster, the game creator, but haven't heard back from him.  If you go to my player stats on my profile, you'll see 2 listings for 1790.  The first one is labeled "Live," and "Version 1."  It only has 1 or 2 games in the rankings and very few players.  The second one is labeled "Retired," and "Version 2."  It has a ton of games in the rankings and many, many players.

Seems like these categories have been reversed.  Is there a way that you can fix this?  I've worked my way up to 1250 or so points in this game and now I'm knocked down to 980, if I have to start over with this new version.  And that's nothing compared to the top players on the board.

Thanks for any help you can offer, Tom.

11. #11 / 12
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've recovered the original board stats prior to this issue.

All future game stats should be recorded correctly.

One final thing to do is run a full stats reindex which will include the 31 games which were played which had stats recorded to a duplicate ranking copy.

Sorry for the disruption this has caused!

12. #12 / 12
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I've recovered the original board stats prior to this issue.

All future game stats should be recorded correctly.

One final thing to do is run a full stats reindex which will include the 31 games which were played which had stats recorded to a duplicate ranking copy.

Sorry for the disruption this has caused!

Thank you so much for straightening out all the problems, Tom!  What would we do without you?!

Happy holidays,

Momzilla

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)