218 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

In the board explorer menu option, one of the options is "view" range for territories, but I've never been able to get that to work for me. How do I get to see what the view range is for a specific territory? I'm thinking of King of the Mountain right now

2. #2 / 12
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Do you mean in the designer or in the "view" section of the Board Explorer?  To see in the BE, but deselect all the others and select view.

3. #3 / 12
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thanks M57, I've tried that, but it doesn't work. When I click on the territory, it doesn't show me what territories it can view

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Chele, I’ve never had a problem seeing view borders in the BE, per M’s directions. You’re either doing something wrong or the territory you’ve selected for view borders doesn’t have any special view borders set for it. You can also not select a territory and you’ll see all the view borders for the map. This can be quite cluttered if the map has many view borders.

5. #5 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Chele Nica wrote:

Thanks M57, I've tried that, but it doesn't work. When I click on the territory, it doesn't show me what territories it can view

assume you're using this link? http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/King+of+the+Mountains/Board%20Explorer

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    Chele Nica wrote:

assume you're using this link? http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/King+of+the+Mountains/Board%20Explorer

..AND select view AND deselect everything else AND then click on the territory.

Funny you should be asking about this because I'm in a game with a ton of fog and when you get to a mountain top, you CAN'T see what's next to you, but you CAN see further away.  I don't think there's a way to fix that.

7. #7 / 12
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yep, I’ve run into that issue as well. No current way around it.

8. #8 / 12
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote: Yep, I’ve run into that issue as well. No current way around it.

I could create some off-board territories that are factory captured by the mountain tops, (at the start of your next turn). These would have vision to the territories immediately surrounding the given mountain top. It's awkward because the vision would be delayed, but hey, it's possible.

Edited Tue 25th Dec 21:15 [history]

9. #9 / 12
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I think I finally figured out what was wrong on my end. I was accessing board explorer from the native player, not from the board page. Weathertop's link made me realize my mistake. Thanks guys!

10. #10 / 12
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Thingol wrote: Yep, I’ve run into that issue as well. No current way around it.

I could create some off-board territories that are factory captured by the mountain tops, (at the start of your next turn). These would have vision to the territories immediately surrounding the given mountain top. It's awkward because the vision would be delayed, but hey, it's possible.

That would be very...hokey. 

Glad you got it figured out Chele.

11. #11 / 12
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Funny you should be asking about this because I'm in a game with a ton of fog and when you get to a mountain top, you CAN'T see what's next to you, but you CAN see further away.  I don't think there's a way to fix that.

I remember this coming up back in the day and asking tom for either a way to combine border-types or a "Attack + view" border. 

12. #12 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yep. That is high on my feature request list.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)