219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Steve771
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I had a situation in a round robin tournament with 3 players per game where if I made sure one of my opponents lost (the one who could beat my tournament wins or H2H), regardless of it I won the match, it would give me the overall win.

Now I could of taken the strategic move and focus the entire game on making sure the one opponent loses guaranteeing myself the tournament win

OR

I could just play the game like any other and try to best both of my opponents.

I chose the latter thinking It would just be a terrible game and that it may not be socially accepted in the War Gear community.

What is everyone's thought on this?

2. #2 / 7
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It happened to me recently in another 3-man tournament, although earlier in the tourney. The leader on W3 L0 saw me (on W3 L1) as the biggest competition and made sure none of us won our game, gifting it to the 3rd man.

I ended the tournament on W5 L2 and won the tourney anyway, so he would have been better off trying to win our game. 

Didn't feel fun while it happened but I guess I saw it as a valid strategy. Never thought about it not being socially acceptable. Would also be interested to know what others think.

3. #3 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It's a tournament. There's only one winner - the guy with the trophy.

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think the first option is a strategic decision to try to win the trophy.  Hard to argue with that course of action. Of course, trying to play and win the game outright is the noble course of action. I'd be fine with either.

5. #5 / 7
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It's happened to me. 3-man tournament. Frontrunner had 0L, I had 1L, and we met very late in the tournament . If I won the match, I win the tournament on h2h. If I lose, the current frontrunner wins. He noticed it and suicided against me, making sure the third player wins. He ended up winning the tournament.

I don't hold it against him. It's fair play, and "socially acceptable" in my books. You enter the tournament to win the tournament. Not to win particular games of the tournament.

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member Steve771
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I agree that it should be considered fair play. As others have said, you are there to win the tournament. 

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Sucks to the victim but I find it acceptable as well. As Pratik said, you play to win the tournament.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)