238 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

So I started wondering. In Simulgear you commit your orders each turn.  If you're the last to do so then the round is completed. But if you're not the last then you're allowed to revise and change your orders. I've done this on more than one occasion.  I've noticed when I do this it's still "not my turn" if I look at the game from the "outside". 

The question is - what happens if the last player to commit orders that round does so just as you're changing yours? Are you still allowed to change? Or will the original orders count? 

Also, what happens if you're in the process of changing and the timer runs out? Are you skipped without a move, or with the original move?

Would be interesting if anyone knows. I've already asked a Simulgear expert in private and he couldn't answer.

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

My guess is, since the order changing is in-progress and the last remaining player not to have completed their turn finsihes, that the turn would then occur (with your previously saved orders, not the ones being changed). I think this has actually happened to me while playing A&A. If you think about it, once the turn ends, the orders executed are the last ones saved to the database. The current changes in-progress haven't been saved yet.

3. #3 / 4
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thanks :) So if you change your orders you only risk the change not being implemented. Sounds logical.

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Reviving this thread.

One thing I've noticed is the failure of most of the community to realize the importance of pre-transfers. Most simulgear maps have either an unlimited amount or atleast a minimal amount of pre-transfers.

I would think bulking up the front-lines to enhance the defensive capability of strategic locations would be a no-brainer, but I find very few folks use this. Of course, the successful simulgear players use this feature liberally.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)