214 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member zdisabled_8a7ed3fe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

About 12 hours ago the site became unreachable for several hours.  Since it came back online I've been seeing various glitches occur sporadically, like having no games listed in My Games or Join Games, Player Mode refusing to load, and no forum.  Usually a browser refresh clears it up, but it's happening to me every few minutes since the site came back online.

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Server migration Tom posted about it. Took 4 hours instead of 30 minutes 

Board Rating Party - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4289/Board_Rating_Party

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Sadly seems to have caused some problems 

Board Rating Party - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4289/Board_Rating_Party

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

4. #4 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I think I've fixed these issues - if you spot anything else let me know.

5. #5 / 8
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Bravo!  Every issue seems to be resolved.  I haven't experienced any of these problems since you replied.  Even the overnight "witching hour" (as I call it) of extreme site sluggishness has cleared up.   Thank You!

I have just one remaining issue:  It used to be that when I sat on the Public Ticker, (to see when games are created or joined) the site would push updates to me automatically.  That seems to have stopped.  Many times it looks like nothing has happened recently but when I refresh the page a bunch of new activity shows up.

Edited Sat 2nd Dec 11:37 [history]

6. #6 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

camel wrote:

Bravo!  Every issue seems to be resolved.  I haven't experienced any of these problems since you replied.  Even the overnight "witching hour" (as I call it) of extreme site sluggishness has cleared up.   Thank You!

I have just one remaining issue:  It used to be that when I sat on the Public Ticker, (to see when games are created or joined) the site would push updates to me automatically.  That seems to have stopped.  Many times it looks like nothing has happened recently but when I refresh the page a bunch of new activity shows up.

That is working for me - are you running any kind of ad or tracking blocker? We use a service called Pusher which is responsible for sending updates to the browser.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    camel wrote:

That is working for me - are you running any kind of ad or tracking blocker? We use a service called Pusher which is responsible for sending updates to the browser.

Oh, thanks! It looks like I blocked pusher some time ago.

8. #8 / 8
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

No.  I'm using Chrome (but I'm actually embarrassed to admit which outdated OS I'm using.)

This is intermittent.  Sometimes it works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  Not sure of any common cause.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)