Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just lost tons of points for surrendering this game:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/586880

I received 3 emails for losing and 3 emails for losing points.
    Game rating score went from 1101 to 1038 and Global Rating went from 1989 to 1877.

Seems like quite a punishment for losing 1 game. I suspect the first calc was the correct one, with board rating of 1079 and GR of 1949. Lol, I see it credited me for 3 losses for the one game too. Jeepers, isn't it bad enough to endure a -26 luckstat where it started negative and just kept getting worse each turn?

Edited Sat 26th Aug 16:31 [history]

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Also received 2 emails and 2 losses for this game:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/587646

Lost 30 pts, then 27 per the emails

3. #3 / 8
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thingol, you really must stop surrendering. This doesn't happen when you get eliminated.

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I thought about that a bit - I might be cheating folks out of their elims and I regret that. I typically only surrender when a game gets me on tilt (usually when I feel I got dice-raped in a game I felt I would otherwise win).  That being said, I shouldn't lose 2 or 3 games on my rankings when such things occur.

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

There is another thread about this: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4583/One_game_counting_double_-_forum_bug_or_my_mistake

I've checked PT's rankings history and the mistake is still there. Your ranking history also shows only one sum of points loss for each of the games you have posted but I bet it was from the last calculation. Since you lost, this is actually beneficial to you because the last calculation allways results in a smaller point swing.

Your profile page shows way less rating than the one in the ranking history so it is counting multiple losses there. So does the ranking pages.

Don't know if the multiple losses/wins part was ever restored in the case of PT and Litotes.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In my examples Redshift, my point losses were cumulative. I had point total X, and A, B, and C were subtracted, giving me Y. While the increments were lesser in each case, I confirmed that it indead took A, B and C from me (should have only taken A).

7. #7 / 8
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I have also lost cumulative points from the same game. Both for board ranking and for global ranking. First loss took me down from 1000 to 985 and 2329 to 2296. "2nd loss" took me down to 971 and 2265. So the 2nd loss was less costly, of course, but still it would have been better with just one.

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:

I have also lost cumulative points from the same game. Both for board ranking and for global ranking. First loss took me down from 1000 to 985 and 2329 to 2296. "2nd loss" took me down to 971 and 2265. So the 2nd loss was less costly, of course, but still it would have been better with just one.

Fo sure, it would be better with just one loss. I was saying that if after the reindexation the last calculation is taken, it is beneficial to the losers, but it probably fixes everything.

Don't know why I haven't checked if there was a difference between the score on the profile and the rankings history for you and PT. You both don't have it synced, the gap is big in the case of PT.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)