221 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I have previously noticed slight discrepancies between the score on the "rankings" page and the one in "ranking History". However, today I noticed the discrepancy is of several hundred points. Has this been the case for awhile? Is there a maintenance issue that will resolve this? Thanks

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Has been the case on my page for a while.

3. #3 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This is a general problem with the rankings that need to be recalculated from scratch as there are a number of inconsistencies such as this. The problem is, the recalc script is failing due to the sheer number of games that have been played so I can't get this to work despite spending a couple of weeks on it.

I'm still working on this so it will be fixed at some point.. current preferred approach is to pause the game server to allow the recalc to take place, when games aren't being actively played it will be a lot quicker.

I'll let everyone know when the game server is going to be paused to allow this to take place - likely early next week.

4. #4 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Tom.  I'm glad to hear you are still actively supporting the site. 

Obviously I don't understand the internal details of WarGear, but can you maybe run the recalc up to a certain point - say 20161231 - then store these intermediate results, then when you need to do a recalc in the future you only have to run it from 2017 forward?

Maybe as a general solution, store the summary statistics at the end of each year, so that you never have to rerun more than 12 months of statistics?

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

that would solve most issues, tho i think there's still a potential problem when a player gets disabled, then you'd have to back from at least when they joined.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

good point.  Stupid cheaters.

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Tom, appreciate it!

8. #8 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Thanks Tom.  I'm glad to hear you are still actively supporting the site. 

Obviously I don't understand the internal details of WarGear, but can you maybe run the recalc up to a certain point - say 20161231 - then store these intermediate results, then when you need to do a recalc in the future you only have to run it from 2017 forward?

Maybe as a general solution, store the summary statistics at the end of each year, so that you never have to rerun more than 12 months of statistics?

Yes, that's exactly the plan!

The previous staged recalc is the one that needs updating to a more recent copy. That way recalcs don't take very long.

It's going to be kicked off tomorrow from 6am EST.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)