234 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 17
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I had said before in a different thread that I figured that there should be a 50 eliminations badge to match the 50 wins win-streak badge, and even 100/100.  That might just be a personal preference, but, when looking through the achievements recently on the wiki help page: http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=achievements it got me to thinking that there were really some achievements that were just missing that HAD to be there.  For instance, it has fog and lightening, and team and normal games all represented, but, where is the simulgear?  Shouldn't there be "played a simulgear game" and "won a simulgear game" badges, just to keep in line with what's there already?  I mean I rarely play simulgear, but, in the vein of how it seems to work, it seems to be a glaring omission...  Any others that you might think are an oversight and not a preference, maybe put here in this thread so Tom can judge if anything that should really be there was missed.

Thanks!

2. #2 / 17
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Just thought of a couple more.

Won a Board competition

Won a Monthly Competition

3. #3 / 17
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Gifted a premium membership

4. #4 / 17
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

For board Designers, I'd like to see:

X=1,5,10,20

Has X boards with high ratings (where high ratings is defined as at least 5 ratings, with at least an 8.0 average). 

x=100,1k,10k,100k

Has had X games played on their boards.

5. #5 / 17
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

For "Boards Played", I think it makes sense to add some additional tiers.  Playing 50 different boards is not that difficult, and only represents a small fraction of total boards available.

Same thing for "Account Duration".  How about a >5 years award (and eventually a >10 years award).

Also more tiers for "rating boards".  It's just 1 & 10.  How about 25, 50, 100 & 200?

6. #6 / 17
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Why not do boards played in percent?  50% of the boards - or 75% of the boards etc.

1 board played

25% of them played

50% of them played

80%

Played them all!

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

7. #7 / 17
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

But that means the achievements get harder to achieve as time goes on.  And if we did go that route, I think you'd need some smaller tiers.  Even playing 25% of the boards is quite a lot.

Thinking about this more, I think what I'd really like is a new category for board explorers. Maybe board conquerors:

Win a game on N different boards.  {N = 5,10,25,100}

8. #8 / 17
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Won a Board competition

+1

9. #9 / 17
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Won a Board competition

+1

Since you're all putting them into tiers, you could tier my suggestions as well.  I was just to lazy to do so.  But, you could have won 1, 2, 3, 5, 10 Board/Monthly competitions. And maybe a separate badge for won consecutive monthly championships...

Since lightening and fog don't really have tiers, I don't know if simulgear need have though... That can just be played a simulgear & Won a simulgear, I think?

10. #10 / 17
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You could tier the gifting as well from 1 gift being 'helping out a friend' to 5 being 'altruist' to 10 being 'philanthropist' and whatever else in between.

11. #11 / 17
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Would love to see a bigger variety achievements

and specifically agree with berickf for simulgear as it should be represented (somewhat to encourage it and make people more aware of it)

others I would be interested in: (some mentioned above)

Mumbers of boards you have won on

Number of games played and won badges for tourneys similar to the public game badges (and possibly a way to see tourney rank)

A badge for both won a game in Realtime and for Fischer Clock

And more levels for raters

12. #12 / 17
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I agree. There needs to be a simulgear achievement for playing one game, and for winning x amount (1,5,10 and so on). I mistakenly played one by accident, and it is so much harder than a regular game. Also, is there one for friending other people, and not just for being friended? by being Friended, you didn't do anything!

13. #13 / 17
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

The Friended one is pretty big. What you did was be nice enough that someone and then multiple people wanted to to friend you ;) Which then says something good about that player to the community. I would say it is one of the more worthwhile achievements to get versus if you just had to friend people you could just go friend any random player just to get the achievement.

PS Tom, I would still love to see some of the things I or others listed get implemented ;) I know it's way down the list, but yeh might as well ask as some of them wouldn't be that hard to do :)

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

14. #14 / 17
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think simulgear came into being after we created the current cache of achievements.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #15 / 17
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

What about commenting on a forum? There's one for 1 post, and I think one for 100, but nothing in the middle.

16. #16 / 17
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

I think simulgear came into being after we created the current cache of achievements.

It looks like you joined the site before me, so maybe you know something I don't, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.  Simulgear was one of the earliest initiatives on the site. The original old guard here included a lot of refugees from the fishy site (A.k.a Tos), and that was one of the first things they wanted ported here.

Edited Mon 29th Jun 13:08 [history]

17. #17 / 17
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I remember playing while Simulgear was in development. While tons of people were excited for it from the jump, the site definitely went live without it. I think the achievements were pretty much set up and then not updated. I agree with 'top's take.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)