238 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I once read a thread on here that was talking about having cross-over competitions between WarGear and other Risk emulator sites.  It had some interesting points including who should be sent to represent WarGear as there are so many "top" players in their own ways!  So... Please and feel free to add categories if you want, but try to keep it mostly positive.

Also, this is not politics.  So no turning to the camera, smiling, and voting for yourself!  If you think you're the best in some area then just be humble and vote for who you think follows you.

Here goes...

Best 1v1 player: YuriZ - At least he gives me fits! ;-)

Best medium sized game player (4-9 players): Mad Bomber

Best Large sized game player (10 - 12/14-16 players): Luieuil

Best 'unlucky 13 - blackhole game number' 13 player game player: Amidon'13'37

Best -stalemate prone- 3 player game player: crazyivan2010 (tongue in cheek)

Best teammate: bmasera... Though, I'm really impressed by VIKTORY's team-tournament score!

Most 'Cerebral': Hugh - though that's more on reputation then personal experience

Most Sneaky: Cona Chris

Most Persistent in the face of futility: 2 way tie Maximus Dirtbagicus/Banshee tantrum

Best Board maker: Ozyman

Best teacher: M57

Best All-around player: Luieuil

Most 'forgotten in my list' player - frequently in consideration, but, never made it in: BlackDog

Most up-and-coming: Vyro - watch out for this guy!

Best Leader: Tom!

2. #2 / 14
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Interesting idea.  I don't feel like I play enough games, or play at a high enough level to comment.  Pretty much everyone on your list is one big smear of imminent defeat when I play them.

3. #3 / 14
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I thought it might be fun to give recognition where it's due.  Feel free to rewrite it with your own categories, or re-score mine!

Also, everyone is free to add or rank as it's just for fun!  So, have at her Ozy ;-)

Edited Sat 16th May 04:43 [history]

4. #4 / 14
    Standard Member spenserroger1
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I think SiReN could be beat unwogable and VIKTORY any day in my opinion

5. #5 / 14
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

MIA:

Luieuil, Btilly, Toto

6. #6 / 14
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

spenserroger1 wrote:

I think SiReN could be beat unwogable and VIKTORY any day in my opinion

It is still fundamentally a game of luck.  Despite all the skill players might have, luck can still make many things possible.  It just won't happen often, so, enjoy it when it does.

7. #7 / 14
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:

MIA:

Luieuil, Btilly, Toto

MIA in game play now, or, from my list?

Because Luieuil made my list twice as he is a phenomenal player.

8. #8 / 14
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

MIA from play now.

9. #9 / 14
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:

MIA from play now.

Why don't you make a best-of-the-best list to extend the thread and put them in it if you think they warrant a place on your list!

10. #10 / 14
    Premium Member Babbalouie
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It is obvious that you don't play the most played game on the site, WarGear Warfare, or you wouldn't have omitted the top 2 players IRsmart and Toto. After all, this site is conceived from the original game of risk. Let's see these other players dominate on that board. 

11. #11 / 14
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Babbalouie wrote:

It is obvious that you don't play the most played game on the site, WarGear Warfare, or you wouldn't have omitted the top 2 players IRsmart and Toto. After all, this site is conceived from the original game of risk. Let's see these other players dominate on that board. 

Awesome Babba!  You should make a best-of-the-best list that includes best on the original board, or something like that?  I have played WGWF, more so when I first showed up around here, but, yeah, I have the board game in the garage and pull it out to play with friends and family frequently enough that I don't need to play it around here to get my original Risk fix.  Also, when you rank gets high enough the winning percentage is a bit lacking, as you can see here: http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/979... 77.6% just doesn't cut it when you get 3000+ GR points unfortunately...  Looking forward to seeing your list though!

12. #12 / 14
    Standard Member RoastedPickles
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

ill join the other sites and tank for WarGear, since im so good at that

13. #13 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

There was this guy on an old site a lot of us played at, he would be top of a lot of those categories... his name was Kobra Kai. I think he can make a pretty good website too. Smile

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

14. #14 / 14
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

There was this guy on an old site a lot of us played at, he would be top of a lot of those categories... his name was Kobra Kai. I think he can make a pretty good website too. Smile

Unless Tom starts playing with his account or creates a separate account for playing with and leaves Tom as an administrative account, we'll never know where he could be in those categories!

Right now it seems like it's all work and no play!  So, I welcome seeing Kobra Kai on WarGear!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)