210 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

From scrolling through the open games I noticed a lot of them were wargear warfare. This is not suprising, but after a closer look i noticed that two of the games were both 10 player and two were both 7 player. All of these had 3 day turn timers and were identical in every way.

What if a message was programmed to pop up on a users screen when they tried to create a game identical to one already out there saying something like, "This game already exists. Would you like to join it? Yes   No."

This would help keep the open games list from bogging down as much and would help games fill up faster.

2. #2 / 7
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Maybe even a message saying similar game exists when there is one out there that is off by one criteria. Example: 3 day timer as opposed to two day timer, or two games that are identical except one has fog.

3. #3 / 7
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i know it's been mentioned (a long time ago) about some kind of message when creating games. but some of those 'nice to have's have been pushed off until other priorities have been dealt with. 

that being said, identical games (from a settings standpoint) are 'stacked',  meaning you only see one at a time.

however, with a quick glance, there are 3 WW games with identical settings (419362, 418355, 418147)...i didn't think naming of the game counted as being part of the 'identical'. someone correct me on this?

if i'm right, then that code got broke somewhere along the way... 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Mon 9th Feb 02:07 [history]

4. #4 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

There is a setting in the game join page "Game Spam Filter" (the button looks like a funnel - it's the rightmost button in the top bar). 

That toggles whether or not you see multiple identical games.  I am guessing yours is set to show them.

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

There is a setting in the game join page "Game Spam Filter" (the button looks like a funnel - it's the rightmost button in the top bar). 

That toggles whether or not you see multiple identical games.  I am guessing yours is set to show them.

The default is set with that option off.  I think a game message would be more helpful overall in that it would deter people from creating the same game and would help the original game start more quickly.

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

i know it's been mentioned (a long time ago) about some kind of message when creating games. but some of those 'nice to have's have been pushed off until other priorities have been dealt with. 

That is understandable. I just thought it might be helpful to suggest such an idea.  Maybe it can be tucked away deep into the master plan of the site?  

7. #7 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good idea - I'll add this.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)