2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Who passed the Clue board? No offense to Ed, but I'm not at all convinced that it's very well balanced for Ranked play. I'm in 2 test games now (neither of which is getting anywhere close to even the midgame) and I haven't seen much discussion if any about how ready it is for release.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree
    Edited Tue 5th Jan 19:54 [history]

2. #2 / 16
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

That would be my fault, sorry. It's like, you know how if someone puts a box of chocolates in front of you and says you can eat one but you have to wait a week while everyone else tests out the.. hmm I have no idea where I'm going with that but that Live button was just too damn tempting and I had to press it once.

I had played Clue 4-5 times on WF and it seemed balanced enough, and as far as I could tell it was an exact clone. Still doesn't excuse me promoting it so soon. Bad Iroll, bad. =[

This is getting ludicrous, Risky's kinda-a-big-dealness has gone airborne and infected my signature now too. Wear your masks, it's coming for you next!

3. #3 / 16
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Hmm, just wondering... I have done plenty of test games for people on dev boards. Am I meant to be doing anything that contributes to those boards being accepted, or is this a different process done somewhere else?

Edited Wed 6th Jan 03:10 [history]

4. #4 / 16
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Dev games are for looking for missed borders, bad graphics screwups, misleading or bad information in the board description, and obvious retarded startup settings.

Review games are so you can play a real game on the map without dealing with all of the above, instead you can concentrate on more subtle game balancing issues, bitch about the player color selections, see if the card bonus structure fits the board, and other less obvious things that might make an otherwise good map play bad.*

* All of the things I failed to do before promoting Clue to Live status.

This is getting ludicrous, Risky's kinda-a-big-dealness has gone airborne and infected my signature now too. Wear your masks, it's coming for you next!

5. #5 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:
    Review games are so you can play a real game on the map without dealing with all of the above, instead you can concentrate on more subtle game balancing issues, bitch about the player color selections, see if the card bonus structure fits the board, and other less obvious things that might make an otherwise good map play bad.*

Theoretically Dev games should cover all those things as well.  Review games should really be very little actual development.... of course this is all theoretical :P

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

6. #6 / 16
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Don't worry 11s, I did the same thing with Medeival Europe a while back -- that big green check mark is just too hard not to click!

7. #7 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote: Don't worry 11s, I did the same thing with Medeival Europe a while back -- that big green check mark is just too hard not to click!

what check mark?! {#emotions_dlg.nono} 

its soo hard to get to the check mark from a review game. have to go out to the boards tab, et all. is there a quicker way from the game board itself that i don't know about?

Don't Taze Me Bro!

8. #8 / 16
    Standard Member Davidny212
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hi, sorry to pile on, but I have an issue with the Clue map as well. It doesn't appear balanced. Some starting positions start near more well defended rooms than others. For example, if I start to the bottom right of the ballroom I have to fight a tougher room guard then the guy who starts near the Study.

9. #9 / 16
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Why does the kitchen door have no neutral defence in Clue. Whoever starts nearest the kitchen in the black starting position has a huge advantage. Is this an oversight? Really needs to be fixed up I think.

Edited Tue 2nd Feb 05:50 [history]

10. #10 / 16
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Huuuuuge advantage.

And as I was saying a while back, the unit scale doesn't work for the endgame. DavidNY and Train and I just agreed to terminate a game that we were never going to finish short of a total gang-up.

I agree
    Edited Tue 2nd Feb 12:28 [history]

11. #11 / 16
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I've played a couple games on Clue now, and I agree it needs some more work. It's just not very much fun with the current setup -- it's a lot of neutral bashing and taking empty territories in the beginning, but not even for much reward. There need to be bigger bonuses at stake, that are more accessible for 8-person games.

12. #12 / 16
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I've promoted a new version to replace the old one. The kitchen door being open was a mistake that I thought I had fixed... now the startup is more random and should be more even. Thanks guys.

13. #13 / 16
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/9884

This is the first round of the new configuration if anybody who's concerned would like to check it out.

14. #14 / 16
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Wouldn't mind trying out the new version. What I've noticed (on WF and here) on the old version is that I've won every time I've played red (right side of top). It's very interesting, and red doesn't seem to start in that good of a position which is why it has me confused. I'd love to see what else you've done to try to shift the balance.

15. #15 / 16
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The best positions in the version prior to this update were black and any spot next to somebody who gets booted.

I agree

16. #16 / 16
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I've seen many colors win. I'm about to release an even newer to wait a minute to start one. I fixed the kitchen which will slow black down. I am also going to make the center territory view only, I've also changed the card scale.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)