4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member The Dude
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I would like to load and view the history for game number 383326

But both the Flash and regular player just show the spinning clock forever. I restarted browser and updated Flash Player etc. 

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks

Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member The Dude
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Well maybe I need to be more patient. I just tried and was able to load the game. I now have a question about the Risk Of Thrones map that I was playing. The scenario is Home is where the House is. It's part of the ongoing Song of Fire and Ice tourney.

My understanding was that you only needed to capture the home capital to eliminate a player, regardless of how many other capitals they own. Is that correct?

So these are my observations

game #383326

At step 3917 I captured Pink's home capital (Pyke). Pink still had Casterly Rock and High Garden - Pink not eliminated. Odd, because I thought I only needed to capture the home capital to eliminate a player.

At step 4350 Brown captured Pyke. Pink had no other capitals and was illuminated. OK, whatever.

At step 5490 I captured Selhorys (Brown's home capital). Brown still had 9 units on Volantis, but was eliminated. This is the opposite behavior as when I took Pink's capital and Pink was NOT eliminated.

huh?

Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

3. #3 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>My understanding was that you only needed to capture the home capital to eliminate a player, regardless of how many other capitals they own. Is that correct?

This would depend on the way the rules are set.  Specifically:

Capital city capture: On

This rule means that if you capture a capital city, it becomes one of your capitals.  So in this scenario, you are incorrect - you must take all capitals from a player, not just their first one, to cause an elimination.

If this rule was 'Off', then your supposition would be correct.

4. #4 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep, what Ozy said!

5. #5 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Yep, what Ozy said!

well crap...someone's gotta need to pop his balloon-sized head now

Nurse! 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    tom wrote:

Yep, what Ozy said!

well crap...someone's gotta need to pop his balloon-sized head now

Nurse! 

It's like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts!

7. #7 / 11
    Standard Member The Dude
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

That doesn't explain how the game ended when I took the penultimate capital from Brown.

At step 5490 I captured Selhorys (Brown's home capital). Brown still had 9 units on Volantis, but was eliminated. This is the opposite behavior as when I took Pink's capital and Pink was NOT eliminated.

Why was the game ended and Brown eliminated when they still had 9 units in one of their capitals?

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The board may be buggy. My experience, that board is really buggy, so I don't play it.

9. #9 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Two things -

1) In the settings/rules it says "Destroy unallocated Capitals On" this means if a capital starts neutral (because of less players than the board is designed for) then the capital designation is lost.  

I suspect that is what the issue is, but I also completely agree with smoke.  I don't know what it is with this board but it seems to be a) buggy and b) set up really weird.  The borders and capital cities drove me nuts the 2 times I tried to play it.  I have x'd this board out and will never play it again.

So -

2) case in point.  I know history can be buggy at WG, but I think there is something else here.

above is a shot from very early in the game.  Casterly Rock is colored neutral and has 12 units on it.  When I hover over the territory it reads that Dude owns it and has 4 units on it.  Why?  No idea - but it is not counted in the Dude's unit count.  If this really is neutral (which I expect) then that goes with my 1) above why it was not a capital for this game and would explain Dude's confusion.

Dude - do you know that if you hover over a territory if it is a capital then it will say so in the hover text?  (unless the territory is fogged)  Go to the end of your game and hover some of the starred territories. Some say [capital] and some don't.  So, again, the setting in 1) is why I think you saw the behavior you did.  The ones that started neutral are not really capitals.

Edited Thu 11th Sep 09:38 [history]

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member The Dude
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

That's exactly it.

Here are some screen shots of me hovering over the last two Brown capitals... turns out only one was really a capital.

WG1.jpg

and the other non-capital capital

WG2.jpg

Thanks for the info. I definitely learned something. I still like the map... a bit complicated but kinda fun

11. #11 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

The Dude wrote:

I still like the map... a bit complicated but kinda fun

Which is what's fun about this place - different strokes for different folks and all that.

Looking back I was a bit harsh on the board in my post, apologies to the designer and those who enjoy it.

Not my cup of tea though.

I wonder if the setting that caused your confusion is an oversight on the designer's part.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)