218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member sulli
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

When I load a game history (with either the flash or the javascript client) to watch a replay it shows double the amount of armies on every territory after setup.  Usually just for the first n players (where n is less than the total).  So, most the territories show 6 armies and some show 3. I think as territories get taken it sort of slowly goes back to having the right amounts (i think after a territory gets taken it ends up with the right amount).

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?  I tried to figure out a way around it but haven't yet.

2. #2 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've seen something like this too, although I'm not sure on the details.  it seems to only happen when I click something like 'my last turn'.  And then if you click on a step in the history right next to the one you are on, it fixes itself.

3. #3 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It can happen when the game initialisation takes place twice so the setup has two sets of units placed at the start. It's pretty rare and I haven't tracked down what causes it yet. 

4. #4 / 10
    Standard Member sulli
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks, I'm not too worried.  I was wondering if there was something I was doing wrong to create it. 

5. #5 / 10
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

"pretty rare"?  I don't think I've ever seen it not happen.  I just routinely click the "back one turn" arrow before navigating to where I really want to be.

6. #6 / 10
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

NewlyIdle wrote:

"pretty rare"?  I don't think I've ever seen it not happen.  I just routinely click the "back one turn" arrow before navigating to where I really want to be.

Really? Can you give me a gameid and let me know what steps you do to get the incorrect units displayed?

7. #7 / 10
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I think there are two different effects.  The double-initialization issue I don't see often (http://www.wargear.net/games/view/388039 is a current example), and when that happens it can't be cleared up by backing up a step.  If the cause is hard to track down, maybe an easy kludge would be for the history engine to just reset all its counts if it encounters a second "game created" entry while walking the log.

Something else frequently happens for me when I toggle into the history player.  When the map first comes up, all the counts are wrong until I back up a step, at which point I think it re-walks the log and all is corrected.  Edit: It may be relevant that I always leave all my active games open in tabs, so the game state is not normally being reloaded from scratch.

Edited Wed 27th Aug 14:37 [history]

8. #8 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

It can happen when the game initialisation takes place twice so the setup has two sets of units placed at the start. It's pretty rare and I haven't tracked down what causes it yet. 

here's another instance of double init...
    http://www.wargear.net/games/view/390719 ;

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #9 / 10
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Unfortunately there is no fix for it when it happens so history will be screwy although the actual game is fine.

10. #10 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

no fix for history (which i understand) or no fix for double init?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)