230 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 30
    Premium Member Farm Wife
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I set a vacation notice as I didn't think I'd have access to internet, but we came home early.  I tried to cancel my vacation but I don't see an 'end vacation' button anymore.  

I have done this many times before (I usually try to set it extra long as a precaution).

Has it changed?  Or am I blind?  Thanks, Sorry if I'm just stunned.

2. #2 / 30
    Premium Member Farm Wife
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

So, once it was April 13th I got the 'end vacation' button, but when I press it-nothing happens.  I'm still on vacation.  Strange.  I've always been able to end my vacations early before.

Not a big deal, just strange.  Hopefully I won't need that one extra day in the future. :)

3. #3 / 30
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

I just noticed that if you end your Vacation for the current day then the day is not refunded however the log for the day is also removed/not shown.  Previously the current day would not count until the day actually passed, so I'm not sure if the issue is with the count or the log list or anything...so possibly just an fyi for if/when the question gets asked.

It's fixed so that the vacation displays the current day when you cancel an in-progress vacation. This is to avoid gaming the vacation system by putting in a vacation for the current day then cancelling just before midnight :)

From here: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/3359p1/Enhancement_-_Vacation_Days

I think a few of us used it this way, which is similar to what you're describing, so definitely an FYI.

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

4. #4 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

although, there should still be a way to end vacation early.

for example:
    say you set vacation for 7 days and come back on the 5th day. you make your plays and end your vacation.  

it should:
    a) be available to end early (sounds like there wasn't a way to end early on his first post)
    b) end the vacation setting on your account so that you can create/join new games &
    c) if i understand toms new update correctly, should subtract 5 days from your vacation (in the past it would only subtract 4).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Mon 14th Apr 11:07 [history]

5. #5 / 30
    Premium Member Farm Wife
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I put the vacation notice on the evening of the 11th to start on the 12th and go to the 13th -so Sat and Sun.  But we ended up not being away for the whole weekend so Saturday afternoon I took my turns and tried to end the vacation but there was no 'end vacation' button.  I thought maybe because it was the first day it wouldn't let me.  But it used to.  I can understand it not refunding that day, but thought it would let me end it.

Then Sunday I got the 'end vacation' button, but when I clicked it, nothing happened.  It wouldn't end my vacation (I tried several times over a few hours).  I just stayed on vacation until Sunday at midnight.  Then my vacation ended just like normal.

6. #6 / 30
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sounds like a bug.  Has anyone else tried to end a vacation early?  I understand not getting the day back that you end it on, but you ought to be able to end it early still and get back future days.

7. #7 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

agreed. and my guess is that tom is going to look into it.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 30
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's back - if you've lost any vacation days please ping me an PM and I'll fix it.

9. #9 / 30
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

It's back - if you've lost any vacation days please ping me an PM and I'll fix it.

Either the bug is back or the End Vacation is not present for the last day of the Vacation.  I.e. I just set a Vacation for today and there is no way to End it now (so I can't Join games today).

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

10. #10 / 30
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

That's intentional - before there was a workaround where you could start your vacation and as long as you ended it before midnight you didn't consume a vacation day.

11. #11 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

but you should be able to end the vacation early on the final day (and have it still count the day) so you can start new games.

i took a vacation Sat-Sun cus i couldn't get to my games Sat. when i made my moves Sun, i couldn't end my vaca to play a few lightning games while doing laundry.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

12. #12 / 30
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I knew it!  It was just a matter of time before someone decided to use these forums to air their dirty laundry.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

13. #13 / 30
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

*snort* {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

14. #14 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

I knew it!  It was just a matter of time before someone decided to use these forums to air their dirty laundry.

HAHA
    it only took 5 years...i feel i'm really starting to open up to you guys... 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #15 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

That's intentional - before there was a workaround where you could start your vacation and as long as you ended it before midnight you didn't consume a vacation day.

any work on this?

such that the day is still consumed if you end the vacation? can't join ANY games (lightning/traditional/tourneys) 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

16. #16 / 30
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    tom wrote:

any work on this?

such that the day is still consumed if you end the vacation? can't join ANY games (lightning/traditional/tourneys) 

I've removed this restriction - seemed a bit too restrictive in retrospect.

17. #17 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

where do i end vacation?

or are you saying you can join games while still on vacation?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

18. #18 / 30
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

where do i end vacation?

IIRC, you can do it the same place you start them:

http://www.wargear.net/settings/vacation

In the "vacation dates" table.  Vacations in progress have a  clickable status 'cancel' or something.

19. #19 / 30
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nope, not since he updated it awhile back. there's an "active" but nothing to end it. I did test it, and was able to join a normal game while it was set. not sure about a tourney or lightning games though.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

20. #20 / 30
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm almost 100% positive I ended my most recent vacation early.  Which would mean I did it on July 14th.  I'm not as confident how I did it, but I know I did it somehow then.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)