221 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Hey - just wanted to share this game for anyone who hasn't seen it.

www.shroudoftheavatar.com

or announcements page:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385

It's in alpha/pre-alpha, (an MMO) the questing that does not involve follow the arrow on your compass and kill the dude with the arrow over his head.

It had a kickstarter campaign (raised over 2M) and crowdsourced funding to a fairly good extent.  I'm mentioning it for any fans of the Ultima Franchise.  A cool thing is that in the forums you're talking directly with developers and offering feedback, they have their vision but they respond to the feedback with actual changes to the way things are implemented.

I'm mentioning it because the cheapest "backer" tier actually gives you the game itself and there's no monthly fee.  The other part would be that after April 7th you can't get Founder Pledges anymore, only Benefactor Pledges - (Founder referring to early responder) and Founders get more stuff per tier and cheaper pricing on the tiers.  

You can still back/get the game after April 7th but you pay more and get less.

Just an FYI because I'm excited about the game and want to increase awareness for that game with folks I enjoy gaming with.

There's a marketplace there where you can connect with existing Founders to help you get a Founder Pledge and Alienware is giving out $20 free (also cool).

Did anyone else grow up on the Ultima Games?

Edited Mon 31st Mar 01:18 [history]

2. #2 / 3
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for posting this.  I've never been into MMOs, but I Ultima IV is one of my favorite games ever.  I think I played and beat Ultima 1-4.  Played a bit of 5, but never completed it, and then haven't played any since then.  I'll take a look at the kickstarter.

I was very close to doing an Ultima IV map for the fizzled video game themed map contest, but didn't think I could do it justice.

3. #3 / 3
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, there's only 1 day left to get someone to gift you a "Founder" Pledge in case you've held off.  I'm over there by the same name as here.

Tomorrow is the 1-year anniversary of having left Kickstarter though they're still fundraising of course.

Edited Sun 6th Apr 16:18 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)