6 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Standard Member lailai
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

It's stuck for over 30 minutes. I tried it more than 5 times. Happens to all games.

Tried in firefox and internet explorer

Latest version of flash player

2. #2 / 14
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi lailai - is this still a problem? It seems fine for me when I load the game at your seat position.

Has it ever worked for you? I note you're only in two games and you've got the same problem on both. Are you behind a firewall (i.e. at work)? HAve you tried clearing your browser cache?

3. #3 / 14
    Standard Member lailai
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hi, it never worked for me. I'm not behind any filters, and I turned off my firewall, it does not work either. I'll clean my cache now
    Still doesn't work

Edited Wed 23rd Dec 20:09 [history]

4. #4 / 14
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

You're the only one to report this specific problem, so that points to something on your machine. Getting the same behavior with two different browsers points to something odd on your system, as each web browser uses different flash plugin modules.

A guess at this point would be some sort of graphical limitation, either in terms of graphic memory, direct X version, or something along those lines. Why don't you check out:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

This page will at least determine if flash is working correctly, it will tell you your version number, the latest version numbers, and in the meantime show you an add for Avatar (JUST IN CASE YOU NEVER HEARD OF AVATAR!!!).

=]

5. #5 / 14
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

This also sometimes fixes transient flash issues:

Load any one of your games in the player.
    While it's stuck on loading, right click and go to settings.
    Click the file folder along the bottom, middle tab.
    Local storage settings.. slide it to unlimited.
    If it's already at unlimited, slide it to 0.
    Close your browser.
    Repeat the process but slide it back to unlimited (or 0).

Repeat one more time if you ended the last step at 0, so that you end up on unlimited.

6. #6 / 14
    Standard Member lailai
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Tried what you said. Still doesn't work.

7. #7 / 14
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's a strange one as the Board data comes down after the game data which implies that there isn't a problem with the data transfer.

You could try installing the debug version of the Flash player, it may give you an additional error message. The firefox download link is here:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flashplayer_10_plugin_debug.exe

Alternatively can you try from another computer?

8. #8 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm getting the same thing now for this game http://www.wargear.net/games/view/5611 . It was working fine until Cram went and changed some things and restarted the game :P. I haven't tried anything listed in this thread yet, seems like Cram had the same problem for a while, dunno how he fixed it though...

*edit* A bit on the weird side, I can load the Flash Player in this game (I was invited but didn't join) http://www.wargear.net/games/view/6504 just fine, which I assume to be the exact same as the game above that I am in.

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.
    Edited Mon 28th Dec 23:58 [history]

9. #9 / 14
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes there's definitely something wrong there... might be that Cram changed something after the game was restarted which means the board data is invalid when compared to the current game state (e.g. a territory has been deleted / re-added)

10. #10 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So is that intended and the game should just be terminated by Cram, or are you looking for a fix tom?

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.

11. #11 / 14
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'd say it needs to be terminated and restarted if he's made any structural changes to the board which have invalidated the gamestate... if not let me know and I'll look into it in more detail.

12. #12 / 14
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I did make some pretty significant changes. Deleted a few territories, rebordered what was left in that space and endited continents to match. I gave the game a restart kick just now to see what comes of it. If that doesn't do it, I'll just terminate and get another one going. Thanks.

Like your grandpa, but angrier.

(If you need help with map design, look me up via AIM @ cramchakle)

13. #13 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Restart worked! Thanks!

14. #14 / 14
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Great - the only thing that should terminally break the game state is deleting or adding new territories - everything else should be fine.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)