219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member Davidny212
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I am designing a new map and I see a note saying that circle mode is no longer supported?  So you can only make fill maps now?  Problem is, my map would really work better with circle mode!

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think you're still allowed to draw in the circles to be filled by hand, right?

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yup, it's fun to find ways around it and it makes for a better map. Without knowing your theme try going to www.dafont.com and search for the dingbat fonts. You can use them as icons within your map. It will add to your look but still allow you to keep the basic image. Look at my Romanian Rumble map. I liked the way things looked with the colored territories even though it would be simple to use fill mode so I used a spooky castle for the territory representation. It's not the best looking map but it is an example of what you can do.
    Just make sure when you use dingbats that you turn anti-alliasing off so it may look jagged but it will fill better.
    Get creative. Making maps gets so much more fun and enjoyable when you try out new things in your design. I've made a lot of outer space maps but the one I'm working on now is the first time I created my own space background without googling the image and I am already proud of the way it is turning out.
    Circle mode is a crutch but you can do the same thing other ways. If you need anything message me and you know I'm always willing to help out.

The Status is NOT quo

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member Davidny212
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thank you!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)