1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #1 / 68
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Hot on the heels of the new Rank system, an Achievement system has now been implemented.

For a full list of the possible Achievements and what is required to win them, see the Wiki here.

All achievements have been awarded retrospectively and added to your Profile page. The exception to this is Elimination Streaks as these have not previously been recorded and can't be retrospectively gathered without going through the log files for all 300k games.

Going forward, Achievements will be tracked in real time so you should receive an instant notification whenever you gain a new Achievement.

Please add any comments, suggestions, bugs and feature requests to this thread. Finally, huge thanks to Raptor for designing the medals, I think they look fantastic :)

2. #2 / 68
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

not feelin the love image is broke on my page.

also, i don't think the fog ones or the RT game one show up on my page as I would expect (unless those are similar to elim streaks and arent' retroactive) 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 68
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

not feelin the love image is broke on my page.

also, i don't think the fog ones or the RT game one show up on my page as I would expect (unless those are similar to elim streaks and arent' retroactive) 

I am seeing the exact same things on my list.

Ad Extremum Omnia Sunt Limosus

4. #4 / 68
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i was trying to get an idea where the first 1k players joined fell out (for the founder achievement) and noticed that the last visited timestamp isn't populating correctly. show's j-bomb (among many others) as last visited in 2010

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 68
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

So umm...

Has anyone yet thanked Tom for how AWESOME these awards and rankings look? 

PS...I think I'm the first player to get Killing Spree-> Rampage.

It's been a good morning.  =)

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

6. #6 / 68
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

it's under 'account duration'

yeah prolly could use a few more tourney achievements, maybe foggy ones too.  

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Fri 24th Jan 11:25 [history]

7. #7 / 68
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

First let me say I love this new achievement system, it looks great.  The wide diversity of possible achievements is fantastic & overall I think it's a wonderful new improvement to the site.  Thanks Tom!

... but in the grand wargear tradition, I'm going to go ahead and ask for even more.  I understand that this is something that might not happen anytime soon, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I think "Play games on 50 different boards" is kind of low for the top achievement.  How about 100, or 200?

I haven't maxed this out, but "Rate 10 boards" seems low for the top.  25 or 50?

I have maxed out the "Post 1000 comments on the discussion board", but maybe that doesn't need a higher level.

How about an achievement for buying someone else premium membership? 

I'd love to see some more map making achievements.  Some ideas:

• Receive a "Perfect" or "Superb" rating on a map you made.
    • Receive 10 "Perfect" or "Superb" ratings on a map you made.
    • Receive 100 "Perfect" or "Superb" ratings across all maps you've made.
    • Get 100 plays on a map you've made.
    • Get 500 plays on a map you've made.
    • Get 1000 plays on a map you've made.
    • Get 1000 plays across all maps you've made.
    • Get 5000 plays across all maps you've made.
    • Get 10000 plays across all maps you've made.

8. #8 / 68
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

... but in the grand wargear tradition, I'm going to go ahead and ask for even more.  I understand that this is something that might not happen anytime soon, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ozyman,

Tom and I already have a phase two list going and I already have a handful of new images in the bucket.

We had to cut the list off somewhere to get things going. So look for more to come.

9. #9 / 68
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Great to hear! 

10. #10 / 68
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'd like to see a mouse-over or a clickable dialogue box or a pop-up, no, scratch that no pop-up when I hover over achievement on my wall that tell me what I got it for. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

11. #11 / 68
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'd like to see a mouse-over or a clickable dialogue box or a pop-up, no, scratch that no pop-up when I hover over achievement on my wall that tell me what I got it for. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

12. #12 / 68
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

13. #13 / 68
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yay!  Great looking badges, and now I have to go play some fogged games!

-And quick thinker and Fischer price are not showing either, but maybe their tabulated into the future too-

Edited Fri 24th Jan 12:14 [history]

14. #14 / 68
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

Yay!  Great looking badges, and now I have to go play some fogged games!

-And quick thinker and Fischer price are not showing either, but maybe their tabulated into the future too-

Ah yes, good point, the historic Fog and Game Speed related achievements will not show up until after the next stats reindex. I'll kick this off early am tomorrow.

I've added the mouse overs for the achievements images.

Edited Fri 24th Jan 13:34 [history]

15. #15 / 68
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I'd like an achievement for posting the same thing 3 times in a row and then repeating it another post.

16. #16 / 68
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Call it "The Blind Parroter". 

Wowzers. I didn't even realize that was there! I posted that, then went back after navigating away, and edited it.  Never saw that it was triple posted....

17. #17 / 68
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I haven't maxed this out, but "Rate 10 boards" seems low for the top.  25 or 50?

+1

I have maxed out the "Post 1000 comments on the discussion board", but maybe that doesn't need a higher level.

5000+ (Post's too much)

I'd love to see some more map making achievements.  Some ideas:

• Receive a "Perfect" or "Superb" rating on a map you made.
    • Receive 10 "Perfect" or "Superb" ratings on a map you made.
    • Receive 100 "Perfect" or "Superb" ratings across all maps you've made.
    • Get 100 plays on a map you've made.
    • Get 500 plays on a map you've made.
    • Get 1000 plays on a map you've made.
    • Get 1000 plays across all maps you've made.
    • Get 5000 plays across all maps you've made.
    • Get 10000 plays across all maps you've made.

+1 for all of the above - I'd have to check, but going from 1 map made to 10 is all but a life-time achievement for some of us.   I think 5 is a good second mark for map designers.  That said, I'm thinking that # of maps is secondary to ratings and whether or not it's actually played.   I really like O's suggestions here.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

18. #18 / 68
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

for map designs i think: created 1, released 1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 25 (tinkerer, map maker, master map maker, builder, master builder, designer, master designer)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

19. #19 / 68
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

for map designs i think: created 1, released 1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 25 (tinkerer, map maker, master map maker, builder, master builder, designer, master designer)

Good concept, I will put this down for phase 2.

20. #20 / 68
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Raptor wrote:

Ozyman,

Tom and I already have a phase two list going and I already have a handful of new images in the bucket.

We had to cut the list off somewhere to get things going. So look for more to come.

good to know. and nice job on the images

question on the images tho. is there a rhyme/reasoning behind the borders? wondering if it would be beneficial to have a consistent graduation in border coloring to help signify how far along the path you are? or if it's too much of a P.I.T.A. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)